Polymer 80.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Polymer 80.

Post by gds »

Not a Glock guy. I have owned one Glock, years ago I think it was a Gen 1 22. Might have been a Gen 2. But I did not keep it long. As a guy who likes to makes stuff. I decided to pick up a couple of Polymer 80 PF940C frames for Black Friday. Picked up a couple of slides from a Local company, Rock Slide USA. The first frame I did on my mill. The second one I did with a razor knife, diagonal cutters, hand drill and a Dremel. It is that simple.

Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
brutis
Silent Operator

Re: Polymer 80.

Post by brutis »

Nice, I wish I'd known about Rock Slide USA before I finished mine a couple of months ago.

Now to do something about the trigger :roll:
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

brutis wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:14 pm Nice, I wish I'd known about Rock Slide USA before I finished mine a couple of months ago.

Now to do something about the trigger :roll:
What kind of problem are you having with the trigger?
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
brutis
Silent Operator

Post by brutis »

Very heavy.

I don't have trigger pull gauge but some of the "experts" that have shot it say it's over 8lb.

It kind of reminds me of the HK VP70Z by brother bought in the 80"s, that thing was probably around 12lb...or more.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

brutis wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:47 pm Very heavy.

I don't have trigger pull gauge but some of the "experts" that have shot it say it's over 8lb.

It kind of reminds me of the HK VP70Z by brother bought in the 80"s, that thing was probably around 12lb...or more.
I had that problem with some aftermarket trigger parts. I replaced the disconnector with a Ghost disconnector and replaced the aftermarket trigger with a factory glock. Found several videos about DIY trigger job. And now have very respectable trigger pulls on both.
brutis
Silent Operator

Post by brutis »

I've watched some of those videos too and read good things about Ghost parts.

It will be a project sometime this winter along with all the other ones I got going...260Rem, TNW ARS 45, slide bolt action AR's etc...etc...
GreenPig

Post by GreenPig »

Nice. I'd shootem.
Suvahkar

Post by Suvahkar »

Hi! Any update?