Merry Christmas to Me

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Merry Christmas to Me

Post by bangbangping »

Finally decided I'd gotten my money's worth out of my 15 year old Chrony Beta that has a 30 year old user interface. I'll miss it, but not much. :lol:

Tips, tricks, suggestions?
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Re: Merry Christmas to Me

Post by 20X11 »

Yep...set it up and test the microphone sensitivity (adjustable setting) by tapping at the mic locations with the plastic end of a screwdriver. Mine had get sent in for mic replacement BRAND NEW. That was the diagnostic they had me do over the phone before they gave me an rma. If a light to moderate tap with the screwdriver handle wont trigger the unit, neither will a shot.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

20X11 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:52 pm Yep...set it up and test the microphone sensitivity (adjustable setting) by tapping at the mic locations with the plastic end of a screwdriver. Mine had get sent in for mic replacement BRAND NEW. That was the diagnostic they had me do over the phone before they gave me an rma. If a light to moderate tap with the screwdriver handle wont trigger the unit, neither will a shot.
I had no idea it was triggered by sound. Assumed it just picked up a bullet entering the beam, but I see that's not recommended for rifles.

Are the mics sensitive enough to pick up a suppressed sub?
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

Internal mics probably wont pick up supressed subs...you may need the external microphone kit.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

You have a choice of triggers, I use the doppler, (motion) most of the time. The only time I have had a problem is if there is a lot of motion down range, it can trigger the unit. Subs and supers, suppressed or not. the only disclaimer is that I do have anything that shoots over 3500 fps, so maybe that's where its an issue.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I got consistent readings on my 22/250 at 3750 and a boat tail bullet. ( once I aimed the damn thing right) I do know to get true MV you need to go microphone. It's not necessary though. The Doppler can be set to pick up at x yardage which can be plugged in to most good ballistic calculators.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

And.....seeing as how the gun business hasn't been stellar this year, but picked up through hunting season, I granted myself this - a trade in , not a ton in it, didn't cost the shop any more than one of many paychecks I missed this year. Other than this I got a pair of wrangler jeans.
Tikka Super Varmint in 22/250. Used but barrel pristine by my Hawkeye borescope. Hope she shoots.
Dog leashes and Bullet boxes I got at a deal should be ignored, as well as my big ass feet. :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

rebel wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:17 pm Image
Nice! I like the 22/250. Shot a few but never owned one.

What range do you set the LabRadar to pick up the 22/250 bullet?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

rebel wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:17 pm And.....seeing as how the gun business hasn't been stellar this year, but picked up through hunting season, I granted myself this - a trade in , not a ton in it, didn't cost the shop any more than one of many paychecks I missed this year. Other than this I got a pair of wrangler jeans.
Tikka Super Varmint in 22/250. Used but barrel pristine by my Hawkeye borescope. Hope she shoots.
Dog leashes and Bullet boxes I got at a deal should be ignored, as well as my big ass feet. :mrgreen:
I got a parts bin for Christmas too, but mine was empty. :cry:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

Rebel, I have about 15, 22-250 cases that are range pickups, my money is they are once fired. PM me your addy and I will get them in the mail to you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the bunch of ya'll!