Aguila .22 Subsonic Solid Point issue.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Aguila .22 Subsonic Solid Point issue.

Post by gds » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:42 pm

I have shot several bricks of this stuff and other Aguila Subsonic .22 loads in Semi Autos with very little issues over the years.

Was down to the last half of a brick and all of a sudden the rounds are failing to eject and also failing to reset the hammer in both my AR15 .22 Ciener kit and my Ruger 10/22.

Well I don't have a regular cleaning schedule for weapons maintenance, So I figured they both just need to be cleaned. Cleaned them really well and same problem.

Standard Blazer, winchester, and federal loads still worked fine. I picked up someone Remington Subsonic and it works fine.

I am wondering if that last half of that brick of Aguila subsonic ended up with a low powder charge.

I may have to run it across my chronograph to check.

Strange Situation.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in

BulletFlight for Android
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Aguila .22 Subsonic Solid Point issue.

Post by rebel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:55 pm

22 ammo is weird. I have found the Aguila to be inconsistent. For consistency, try some of the Federal Match. I like RWS subsonic HP but it gets a bit pricey.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.

golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:01 am

CCI standard velocity has the same specs (1024fps/40g). It's more consistent, and it's usually cheaper than aquila.

Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:53 pm

rebel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:55 pm
22 ammo is weird. I have found the Aguila to be inconsistent. For consistency, try some of the Federal Match. I like RWS subsonic HP but it gets a bit pricey.
IIRC, Wolf Match is manufactured by RWS. I have a case of this stuff because it shoots very well from my 10/22 and my Compass Lake .22 upper. It's not HP, but it is accurate, shooting 10 shot groups into 1/2" at 50 yards from a bag rest.

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Wolf used to be manufactured by Nammo, i.e Lapua. Glad to see RWS picked that brand.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.