Ciener .22lr AR15 conversion.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Ciener .22lr AR15 conversion.

Post by gds »

I bought this thing years ago. I cannot tell you how many thousands upon thousands of rounds of 22 long rifle from various manufacturers, bullet weights, supersonic, subsonic. Originally just had it going through standard 556 barrels then eventually bought the dedicated Barrel from cmmg. I mean box after box after box of various ammunition.

Was out double-checking zero for my yearly tree rat assassinations yesterday afternoon. And all the sudden it stopped working. Pulled it apart to check it and the back half of the firing pin and firing pin spring launched out of the receiver. Never did find a spring.

I don't know what the life expectancy of one of those firing pins are. But I sincerely hope the cmmg replacement I ordered will last as long.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
cdl
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Ciener .22lr AR15 conversion.

Post by cdl »

The 22 conversions are a blast.

The spring in the CMMG version is really short and hard to get out. If the Ciener is similar, it's probably still stuck in the bolt.

gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

cdl wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:50 pm The 22 conversions are a blast.

The spring in the CMMG version is really short and hard to get out. If the Ciener is similar, it's probably still stuck in the bolt.

What is that folding brace? I am looking at building a pistol version and I like the look of that.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
cdl
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cdl »

gds wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm
What is that folding brace?
SB Tactical FS1913 on a KNS MCX stock adapter.