NC Concealed Carry handgun Course

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

NC Concealed Carry handgun Course

Post by gds »

Well, held my first NC Concealed Carry Handgun Course Saturday. Really enjoyed it, and 12 more North Carolinians now have the tools they need to start the process to obtain a Concealed Carry Handgun Permit from their county sheriff.

We had a good chance of rain when it was time to go to the range for the shooting portion. I left it to a vote and they all voted to go for it. We did get a little wet.

My biggest surprise, was one of my nieces. She recently got married and I was not able to make it to the wedding, so I have not met her husband. But he apparently is a gun guy and has taught her to shoot, and shoot very well. I could never get her to come out to shoot before. And frankly she was starting to turn into a leftist turd. This Guy has clearly changed her path. So I really want to meet him.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: NC Concealed Carry handgun Course

Post by rebel »

Very cool Gary!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

gds wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:02 am Well, held my first NC Concealed Carry Handgun Course Saturday. Really enjoyed it, and 12 more North Carolinians now have the tools they need to start the process to obtain a Concealed Carry Handgun Permit from their county sheriff.

We had a good chance of rain when it was time to go to the range for the shooting portion. I left it to a vote and they all voted to go for it. We did get a little wet.

My biggest surprise, was one of my nieces. She recently got married and I was not able to make it to the wedding, so I have not met her husband. But he apparently is a gun guy and has taught her to shoot, and shoot very well. I could never get her to come out to shoot before. And frankly she was starting to turn into a leftist turd. This Guy has clearly changed her path. So I really want to meet him.
That is awesome to hear man! Keep it up so people are taught the proper way :)
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Thanks Rebel.

Yeah TBM. There were several reasons I decided to do this. One of them was bad instructors. I used to recommend a local guy. He would use my personal range for the shooting qualification. I would stick around and act as a safety. Since it was my range, and just helping out. His first time out I noticed some bad gripping techniques on a couple of the women. Off hand gripping wrist on firing hand. So I helped and corrected her to a better grip while he was dealing with another student. He gave me a strange look. Then On his next class, a few more of the women also were using the same grip. I realized he was teaching that grip. While there are worse things one can instruct on, that is still a bad grip technique to teach. There were a couple other small things, that while not dangerous, they were simply not could habits to teach or encourage, especially new shooters.

I did have a kid who was using the part between the first and second joint on his trigger finger to pull the trigger. I started to correct him. But he was shooting very well. I told him, I am going to let you go with that because it was clearly working for you, but as soon as you can I suggest you retrain to the pad of the finger.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Yeah good info and good help are hard to find. Keep getting them straightened out :)
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I may spend the money just to drive and take your class. Gonna bring a Ruger Vaquero in 45 colt and tell the target it's my huckleberry :mrgreen: Maybe I'll convince Smus to drive down for a refresher course :twisted:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.