NC Engravers Slide Work

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

NC Engravers Slide Work

Post by gds »

Sent 2 slides off to NC Engravers for some Work. His work is outstanding.

http://ncengravers.squarespace.com/http ... om/gallery

M&P 2.0 Compact. Slide cut for JPoint Red Dot and Cerakote Burnt Bronze. On a Full size FDE Frame. I call it my 2.0X.

Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: NC Engravers Slide Work

Post by gds »

M&P Shield Also Slide cut for JPoint Red Dot and Cerakote Blue Titanium.

Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

Why that particular red dot vs any of the other? There are so many out right now, I wouldn't know which to choose.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

GunFunZS wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:40 am Why that particular red dot vs any of the other? There are so many out right now, I wouldn't know which to choose.
4 Reasons.

1. Because of the width of the Shield Slide. One is limited to Which red dot will fit. Most out there have a bolt pattern that is to wide for the Shield Slide.

2. On the M&P series the spacing from the rear sight dovetail to the barrel hood is shorter than most of the red dots footprint. Making so one must cut out the dovetail and add another dovetail either in front of or behind the cut out. Or eliminate it all together.

3. Most red dots out there require suppressor height sights in order to co witness the iron sights. Because of the design of the M&P slides it requires a Suppressor height Glock type rear and a Suppressor height M&P front. If the slot is cut correctly the jpoint allows for standard sights.

The only options I am aware of that will meet the above criteria are the Jpoint and the Shield RMS or Shield RMSc. My understanding is that the Jpoint was actually designed by Shield, and may be produced by them. They have almost the exact footprint. There may be some others out there or getting ready to come out. But These are the only ones I know for sure.

And last but not least.

4. I got a screaming deal on the 2 off ebay. I got both of them for less than one costs.

I own 2 Vortex Venoms that I really like. One is mounted on a M&P Core Model, the other is on a Full size M&P using an adapter plate that replaces the rear sight. This of course makes the Red dot sit a lot higher above the Bore. I also own a couple of ADE pistol sights. Which are OK. But the battery life is not as long as the Venom.

Another plus for the Jpoint is the dot is self adjusting for brightness.
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

Thanks for the answer.

I was aware that shield made small narrower optics, and that lots of companies are dumping new ones onto the market. Even the likes of UTG seem to be attempting to make ones that are past the range toy level of quality now.

It is tricky to know which are durable, and which work with my eyes without an opportunity to try them all and a lot of research.