Prefered handgun.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Prefered handgun.

Post by gds »

Just curious what everyone's personal prefrence of handguns are.

Me. I was a 1911 guy from almost the beginning of my gun collecting. Even though my first handgun was a Ruger P89. Which I still have and has been 100% reliable and accurate for 25 years and thousand of rounds. My next handgun was a 1911. I still have some Browning hi power copies. some revolvers and .22 semi and revolvers. Have had a taurus 24/7 .40 cal and even had a Hi point .40. Which in all honesty was a very accurate handgun. I have owned one Glock. A Gen 2 model 22 .40.

I have had several 1911s and still have a small collection of 1911s 2 of which I built myself. As well as a .22 upper.

I have daily carried a Keltec P3AT. But never really liked it that much. Got rid of it after watching 2 brand new ones literally fall apart on my range.

A few years back I got a M&P 9c in a trade and was planning on selling it. But fired it before and fell in love with it. Picked up a Shield 9 and carry it pretty much every day.

Now I Have pretty much been bitten by the M&P series. All my 1911s have been retired. My wife's bedside gun turned into that 9c. I got one for my oldest daughter for her 21st birthday. It seems that every time I have a female on the range teaching them for the first time. They almost all gravitate to the m&P 9c.

I picked up a full size gen 1 9mm and got a threaded barrel for it. As well as Trijicon suppressor sights. Then when the 2.0 compact came out. I shot one a friend had. Loved it so much I now have 2. Got a smoking deal on a Gen 1 4.25 CORE .40 cal. Picked up a 5 inch barrel for it and threaded it. Also a 9mm KKM or Storm Lake threaded barrel fits. Then Picked up a 2.0 Compact 3.6. Oh yeah that first fullsize 4.2 barrel. Had it threaded and it fits the 9c and the 2.0 compact 3.6. :mrgreen:

Yeah I am pretty much an M&P guy now.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Roverhound
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Prefered handgun.

Post by Roverhound »

I love my Berettas.
I have an M9, 92 FS Compact, 8040 Cougar, 8040 Mini Cougar which is my carry gun, 81 FS and a little 3032 Inox.
In addition to these I've had a bunch that I sold or traded.
I also did the Taurus 24/7 in .40 and a Bersa Thunder UC in .40.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

gds wrote:Just curious what everyone's personal prefrence of handguns are.

Me. I was a 1911 guy from almost the beginning of my gun collecting. Even though my first handgun was a Ruger P89. Which I still have and has been 100% reliable and accurate for 25 years and thousand of rounds. My next handgun was a 1911. I still have some Browning hi power copies. some revolvers and .22 semi and revolvers. Have had a taurus 24/7 .40 cal and even had a Hi point .40. Which in all honesty was a very accurate handgun. I have owned one Glock. A Gen 2 model 22 .40.

I have had several 1911s and still have a small collection of 1911s 2 of which I built myself. As well as a .22 upper.

I have daily carried a Keltec P3AT. But never really liked it that much. Got rid of it after watching 2 brand new ones literally fall apart on my range.

A few years back I got a M&P 9c in a trade and was planning on selling it. But fired it before and fell in love with it. Picked up a Shield 9 and carry it pretty much every day.

Now I Have pretty much been bitten by the M&P series. All my 1911s have been retired. My wife's bedside gun turned into that 9c. I got one for my oldest daughter for her 21st birthday. It seems that every time I have a female on the range teaching them for the first time. They almost all gravitate to the m&P 9c.

I picked up a full size gen 1 9mm and got a threaded barrel for it. As well as Trijicon suppressor sights. Then when the 2.0 compact came out. I shot one a friend had. Loved it so much I now have 2. Got a smoking deal on a Gen 1 4.25 CORE .40 cal. Picked up a 5 inch barrel for it and threaded it. Also a 9mm KKM or Storm Lake threaded barrel fits. Then Picked up a 2.0 Compact 3.6. Oh yeah that first fullsize 4.2 barrel. Had it threaded and it fits the 9c and the 2.0 compact 3.6. :mrgreen:

Yeah I am pretty much an M&P guy now.
Carry a Shield 9mm every day. Not my favorite handgun though.
My preference go like this. All time, love to shoot,carry and use - Ruger Vaquero SA with a spring kit in 45 colt.
Style, target - 1911 (as I got older,thicker with a crappy back, I carried these less and less.)
Zombies, apocalypse, combat - Sig Sauer, preferably a 220.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

I love my CZ PO1 and my Kimber Pro Carry HD in 38 Super.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I alternate between a STI Ranger II in 9MM and a highly customized Pre-Series II Kimber Pro Carry. I have a Glock 19 with custom grip job, machined slide and a Vortex Red Dot that will probably get rotated in as soon as I'm able to verify reliability.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Preferred for what? You can't have just one preferred pistol. :mrgreen:

Plinking: Ruger Mark IV 22/45 tactical with a Vortex Venom and Volquartsen trigger. Fun stuff.

Hunting: Scoped Taurus Raging Bull in 454.

Making a big boom / blowing stuff up: (see Hunting)

Carry: In general, I've preferred 1911's, and got used to the controls, SA trigger, and grip angle. I've carried a few Kahrs, a Chief's Special, KelTec POS...ummm...P3AT, Taurus something-or-other, PPK/s...but never could shoot any of them as well as a 1911-style pistol. Maybe because I shot 1911's so much. So I quit looking. Most days I now carry a Sig P238 or P938, sometimes a Kimber Custom 1911. My go-ahead-and-steal-it-I-have-three-more-like-it pistol that stays in the truck is a Star BM 9mm (very similar to a 1911).
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Man, that's tough.

In fairness, my first grab pistol is a Sars K245. Just something about 15 rounds of 45acp on tap that makes me smile. :lol:

I like the Canik S120, which is a loose copy of a CZ75.

I also like the Beretta Centurion. But it's not as accurate as the Canik.

Then we get into small pocket carry guns.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Usually Glock 19, Glock 26 or M&P Shield. Sometimes Glock 30, Glock 23, S&W 642 or Taurus 357 revolver. Depends on situation and type of clothes.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I always wanted someone to say something to me at the shop when I occasionally wear the Vaquero in a neat minimalist leather holster thats canted at 30 degrees. "That's kinda outdated ain't it?" Then I say while nervously tapping the handle of the pistol - "I'm your huckleberry, why....that's just my game."
Seriously though, I have a lot of time behind a single action 45 colt. Can get it into action fairly quick. Just have 6 shots but they are the size of robin's eggs :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Wish you could've seen my old hogleg. It was am 8 3/8" barreled 44magnum Dragoon. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of it.

Me and my boys nicknamed it:

Bear-B-Gone :lol:

edit:

Yep found a pic from checking one of my trailcameras up at the cabin.

When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.