BCA got raided yesterday - by ICE, for identity theft by some of its employees

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

BCA got raided yesterday - by ICE, for identity theft by some of its employees

Post by plant.one »

ive said for a very long time the identify theft is one of the biggest things going... it has been for decades with illegals. makes you wonder how many times the same set of SSN's has been used across the country... which of course is probably what happened here - and at other ICE raids recently. its gotta be a big red flag thats been ignored for years and years.

https://abc11.com/30-people-taken-into- ... y/5122017/
The Lee County Sheriff's Office said it was the result of an ongoing investigation by ICE into identity theft and fraud. An ICE official told ABC11 that action was the result of a federal search warrant and not immigration enforcement.

ICE clarified Wednesday that 25 people had been arrested on criminal charges related to "an ongoing criminal investigation." Two other individuals were arrested for civil immigration violations.

Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: BCA got raided yesterday - by ICE, for identity theft by some of its employees

Post by John A. »

They were a shit company anyway. At least now you know why. Hiring a bunch of illegals isn't going to do anything to help your image either.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/ind ... ing.18195/

https://www.bbb.org/us/nc/sanford/profi ... complaints
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: BCA got raided yesterday - by ICE, for identity theft by some of its employees

Post by golfindia »

So all those $199 BCA uppers are hecho en Mexico. No bueno.
Thom

Post by Thom »

Who is BCA? I never heard of them.
Thom
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

bear creek arsenal
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
B y r o n

Post by B y r o n »

Since when is an identity theft investigation handled by Homeland Security/ICE?
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

B y r o n wrote:Since when is an identity theft investigation handled by Homeland Security/ICE?
I used to work in a prosecutor's office, then later a county jail.

Since all the time.

If you know what you are talking about all of the above stuff actually makes perfect sense.

BCA had some employees that were illegal using fake ids. BCA hired them in good faith, and did the normal E-verify stuff. So nothing any intellectually honest person can fault them for. The Fake IDs in question were good fakes, that used real SS numbers, but those numbers belonged to other people. Hence the ID theft. This discrepancy initially passed E-Verify, but later was caught, then they did a data search and comparison for related cards coming from the same batch in the same area, as they do. They found a bunch of people hired in various places with these fake IDs, and rounded them up in raids. One of the doubtless several honest employers caught was BCA.

Why do people have to be so fast to sling mud and so so very slow to sling mud? Be ashamed of yourselves.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

If you're referring to me slinging crap with my post above, I am not one bit ashamed of myself. They should be ashamed of themselves for selling so many inferior pieces of crap guns made by a bunch of illegal aliens.

Nope. Not a bit ashamed at all.
B y r o n

Post by B y r o n »

GunFunZS wrote:
B y r o n wrote:Since when is an identity theft investigation handled by Homeland Security/ICE?
I used to work in a prosecutor's office, then later a county jail.

Since all the time.

If you know what you are talking about all of the above stuff actually makes perfect sense.

BCA had some employees that were illegal using fake ids. BCA hired them in good faith, and did the normal E-verify stuff. So nothing any intellectually honest person can fault them for. The Fake IDs in question were good fakes, that used real SS numbers, but those numbers belonged to other people. Hence the ID theft. This discrepancy initially passed E-Verify, but later was caught, then they did a data search and comparison for related cards coming from the same batch in the same area, as they do. They found a bunch of people hired in various places with these fake IDs, and rounded them up in raids. One of the doubtless several honest employers caught was BCA.

Why do people have to be so fast to sling mud and so so very slow to sling mud? Be ashamed of yourselves.
Apparently things have changed. When I worked the streets we couldn't get anyone from ICE or whatever it was called back then to even respond when we had someone in custody with purchased ID. Their response was always, "If they are still in custody when we make our county jail run we'll pick them up, if not then next time." Identify theft was always handled by local PD or PD where the theft was from.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

B y r o n wrote:Apparently things have changed. When I worked the streets we couldn't get anyone from ICE or whatever it was called back then to even respond when we had someone in custody with purchased ID. Their response was always, "If they are still in custody when we make our county jail run we'll pick them up, if not then next time." Identify theft was always handled by local PD or PD where the theft was from.
welcome to an administration that cares about immigration law - and actual enforcement of it.

its a striking difference. and a welcome change for many of us who have wanted this kind of thing for years.

im also more than sure that local PD/Sheriff was on scene to assist in the raid. it doesnt specify in the article that they were there, but seeing as there's comments from the sheriff's dept - it stands to reason they were involved in more than press release about the event.

on the whole - identity theft of all kinds, be it by illegals or not - is a HUUUUUUUGE problem these days. probably even larger elephant in the room than illegal immigration is.

if using it as a tool to uncover illegals who are also committing that crime is what it takes, i'm glad we've got the ability to run that kinda stuff down.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.