Question for Glock guys

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Re: Question for Glock guys

Post by Blowout »

Depending on the size of the animal, you might consider bear spray. It works on 2 and 4 legged creatures and weighs only 9.5oz (large size). Read about several folks stopping a griz attack using it.

I'd carry both spray and pistol just to cover the bases though. Have them located on your person and practice draw, aim, fire. They have a procedure for refilling bear spray with water and a compressor, so they can be reused for practice. The practice can I bought was $25ea.

I like #14. Reminds me when I used to scuba dive and my sister would joke about not diving when she was shark bait. :shock:
http://www.bearsmart.com/about-bears/dispelling-myths/
300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower
Emmaclearwater

Post by Emmaclearwater »

How many types of Glock are
S.T.A.R.COM

Post by S.T.A.R.COM »

What about adjusting your diet to lose 5 pounds if you’re going to sweat ounces to carry…
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

Because ounces count, especially when you are not in your youth and able to carry heavy loads. When I was 18 I could carry an M60, 250 rounds of ball, my ruck, two canteens, and a 1911. Now that I'm 62 with a hip replacement, and a bum right arm due to a bicep tendon separation, every ounce that goes into my ruck and in the weapons that I carry enables me to continue hunting, hiking, and field shooting. Yes, losing excess pounds and staying in reasonable shape will enable one to carry extra weight, but why do so if you don't have to?
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

Depends on you role. In my prime at 6' 2" I tipped the scales at 220 pounds with a 30 inch waist and could easily turn in under 6 minute miles. Hard to say I needed to loose weight. But every day between a vest, boots, gear belt and radio I strapped on at least 60 pounds of gear. At the end of a long day I was very happy to get all that off. I would have liked to have rigged out lighter but when the rotating blades were impacted I was usually the one that got the call so I tended to rig a bit heavy.