300 Wilson Ham’r

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Cpt80
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 12:24 am

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by Cpt80 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:52 pm

bearcatrp wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:36 pm
Not much posting on this in awhile. Just started looking into this. You folks who has one, any regrets? Great pics of the dead hogs above.
I have a 14.5 so far this cartridge has been very accurate I've been able to push 125gr 2570 f.p.s 110gr 2700 f.p.s with shooter's world SBR socom powder and being getting 1.moa with a red dot at 100

BulletFlight for Android
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 am

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by bearcatrp » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Are you loading hot to get 2700 fps with a 110 gr bullet?

User avatar
rebel
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7201
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm
Location: Moonshine Country

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by rebel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 pm

bearcatrp wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Are you loading hot to get 2700 fps with a 110 gr bullet?
There is a really cool 30 caliber cartridge that does much more than this, it can push a 165 gr. bullet to 2850 if hand loaded right. It's in a short action, can get in a AR platform and very efficient. Effective to 800 plus yards with the right bullet and load. 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.

User avatar
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:40 am
Location: Mis'sippi

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by wildfowler » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:26 am

rebel wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 pm
There is a really cool 30 caliber cartridge that does much more than this, it can push a 165 gr. bullet to 2850 if hand loaded right. It's in a short action, can get in a AR platform and very efficient. Effective to 800 plus yards with the right bullet and load. 8)
300 OSSM?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George

User avatar
rebel
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7201
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm
Location: Moonshine Country

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by rebel » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 am

wildfowler wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:26 am
rebel wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 pm
There is a really cool 30 caliber cartridge that does much more than this, it can push a 165 gr. bullet to 2850 if hand loaded right. It's in a short action, can get in a AR platform and very efficient. Effective to 800 plus yards with the right bullet and load. 8)
300 OSSM?
308 win.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.

Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:53 pm
Location: Mid TN

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by Mike7.62 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:08 pm

I built an upper last Feb/Mar, and was awaiting Spring wx to test. Started loading ammo and all procedural items that entails. Unfortunately, in early May, I had to have surgery on my right arm due to tendon separation, and was out of action until late September. Since then I have test fired the upper, and was going to test various loads, but pheasant and deer season have interfered. I will likely begin testing sometime later this month , or in early Jan. The good news is that brass is now available from Starline direct. The bad news is that the loads that I used for testing using 125 gr TNT's and 26 gr A1680 seem to be a little hot based upon primer condition. More on this later.

User avatar
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:40 am
Location: Mis'sippi

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by wildfowler » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 pm

rebel wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 am
wildfowler wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:26 am
rebel wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 pm
There is a really cool 30 caliber cartridge that does much more than this, it can push a 165 gr. bullet to 2850 if hand loaded right. It's in a short action, can get in a AR platform and very efficient. Effective to 800 plus yards with the right bullet and load. 8)
300 OSSM?


308 win.

Well yeah, there’s that. I just assumed we were talking about AR15.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George

User avatar
rebel
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7201
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm
Location: Moonshine Country

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by rebel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:30 pm

wildfowler wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 pm
rebel wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 am
wildfowler wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:26 am


300 OSSM?


308 win.

Well yeah, there’s that. I just assumed we were talking about AR15.
I know you were 8) I just want folks to recognize that there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to cartridge design - to include the millennial operators favorite, 6.5 CM. The hamr, when loaded to 2.26 just barely bridges the gap between 300 BLK and something over 30/30. Nothing new under the sun, just way cooler names.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.

User avatar
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:40 am
Location: Mis'sippi

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by wildfowler » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:06 pm

rebel wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:30 pm
wildfowler wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 pm
rebel wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 am


308 win.

Well yeah, there’s that. I just assumed we were talking about AR15.
I know you were 8) I just want folks to recognize that there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to cartridge design - to include the millennial operators favorite, 6.5 CM. The hamr, when loaded to 2.26 just barely bridges the gap between 300 BLK and something over 30/30. Nothing new under the sun, just way cooler names.
I want them to go ahead and start making 30BR factory brass. Just think what doors that might open......
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George

djones
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: 300 Wilson Ham’r

Post by djones » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:15 pm

bearcatrp wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:36 pm
Not much posting on this in awhile. Just started looking into this. You folks who has one, any regrets? Great pics of the dead hogs above.
well, not much "new under the sun", lol, but a few new kills under the moon. lots of ham'r stuff getting posted here...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthrea ... st13430275

and here...

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubb ... ost7506626

Post Reply