And so it begins....

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

And so it begins....

Post by bangbangping »

...because 20 different sets of reloading dies just aren't enough. :lol:

Last edited by bangbangping on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Re: And so it begins....

Post by Flatliner »

Looking forward to a report, my 'range buddy' can't get enough of his...
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Flatliner wrote:Looking forward to a report, my 'range buddy' can't get enough of his...
Picking it up Saturday. Report to follow.

Had no intention of doing the Creedmoor thing. But I saw an M1A Loaded in the April G&A and showed my wife. Maybe drooled a bit. She remembered, and just surprised me with it for my birthday.

To answer the next question, yes, she has a sister. :lol:
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I ordered some Starline 6.5 CM brass and have not decided if I'm happy with it. The trim length is 1.910" and all of it is already that length or even a tad shorter. That means I have to live with the length unless it "grows when I size it so I can get what I know is a square cut on the case mouth and then chamfer and deburr it. All of them I have checked drop right into the Sheridan slotted gauge and look good, so I may not be able to do anything to them except neck size.
Anyone else experience this. Never had an issue with Starline before, hope I don't now.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

rlandry6 wrote:I ordered some Starline 6.5 CM brass and have not decided if I'm happy with it. The trim length is 1.910" and all of it is already that length or even a tad shorter. That means I have to live with the length unless it "grows when I size it so I can get what I know is a square cut on the case mouth and then chamfer and deburr it. All of them I have checked drop right into the Sheridan slotted gauge and look good, so I may not be able to do anything to them except neck size.
Anyone else experience this. Never had an issue with Starline before, hope I don't now.
Mine are the same. I'm with you, but you know if they were longer people would complain THEY AREN'T EVEN TRIMMED TO LENGTH! Look at the reviews and people are already complaining about having to straighten the case mouths. :roll:
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

The case mouths have that rough untrimmed appearance, so that is how they came from Starline, untrimmed. I don't mind the case mouth thing because after neck sizing I use an expander mandrel instead of the button on the decapping rod. I guess they will grow after a few loadings.
I'd be interested to see if anyone can post how the Lapua brass comes.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel