Making your own.....one way or another.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Making your own.....one way or another.

Post by 10Driver »

Amazing! Thanks Dellet, that’s one heck of a read.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Politicians want to control everything that is done.

That is not how the founding fathers set up the government. Nor what the government is for. Yet here we are.

This assures politicians a job. Creating a problem just to find a solution for it. And often times doing it publically when they think they can rally the people behind their cause.

Now people are talking about "ghost guns".

That's BS. Even if the government were to outlaw making your own gun, do you know how many guns exist in America?

Do you know how many guns that were made prior to 1968 that do not have a serial number? I own several actually.

And prior to 1968, they could be sold (off the books because there weren't any) and weren't even required to have a serial number.

Critical thinking skills tell me that's over 300 years of guns being made on this continent prior to the government requiring paper trails. Not including the thousands upon thousands of guns that were brought into the continent from foreign countries overseas who sold their wares here or from immigrants invading this land from abroad that brought their own.

Do you know how many guns that have been transferred more than one time? Whether person to person or from person to dealer or even dealer to dealer. I ask because this my next sentence is going to strike at the heart of the matter.

Since 1968, manufacturer keeps records of guns made in a disposition book (or computer program now) but it's still called a disposition book.

Manufacturer lists the dealer or distributor the gun is sold to.

The dealer is required to write down in their bound book who they bought it from and who they sold it to (first consumer)

After that, when they do a trace, it gets fuzzy because records aren't supposed to be kept and if an individual does a sale, they are not required to keep records. This is where the politicians don't like it, therefore, they don't want "ghost guns" and that is why they are pushing towards a universal background check. They want to know who has guns, when they bought them and where they are at all times and everything that entails.

If you enjoy any of your freedoms, you will fight any politician who wants a universal registry. They do not want it for more safety. That's foolhardy because it won't make people safer than they are now. They do not want it to make things better for you or me.

They want control.

Further, when a firearm dealer goes out of business, they are required to turn over their bound books to the NATIONAL LICENSING CENTER. It was formerly in West Virginia, however now is located in Atlanta Ga.

If you think for one single second that the government does not keep these copies, you're naïve and foolish. What other reason would they want them for? Why have they ran out of storage space and renting large numbers of shipping containers to store them in?

Read this:
https://www.npr.org/2013/05/20/18553076 ... get-traced

Here are the basic facts. People have guns.

People know how to make guns. Even without some new printer technology.

You can take 1 inch pipe and 3/4 inch pipe and make a shotgun all day every day. It's that simple. But the politicians are wanting to make a lot of noise about it and trick people into believing that there is a problem so they can make unconstitutional laws to "solve the problem". [sarcasm]

Please watch this 1 minute youtube video. It is a kalifornia senator doing a short press conference.

This is the people who are making the public outcry. Think about that for a few minutes. Then come back and tell me why they want to change it.

They answer isn't for public safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Here's a fairly lengthy rant that I did on the subject this morning. It has links and screen shots.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/ind ... ean.18492/
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.