Anybody here have an AR in 10mm Auto ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Anybody here have an AR in 10mm Auto ?

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

I got to looking at some parts and thought it would be neat to have an AR in 10 mm Auto.

If anybody has one I would like to know about any possible issues, it seems like it would be an interesting build for either a pistol or SBR.

I know 10 mm is not popular with some folks but I like it a lot !
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anybody here have an AR in 10mm Auto ?

Post by blaster »

I wish I could say I had one. :roll: a 10mm SBR or pistol AR would be cool! and other than ammo cost, would be more practical than a 9mm weapon.
peace through superior firepower
BillJ
Silent Operator

Post by BillJ »

I think Quarter Circle 10 made them for a while. Not sure if they still do that or not.
Mechtec 10mm glock upper on a glock 20 might be the much better way to go for parts availability/mags.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I'm fairly certain that Olympic Arms had a 10mm AR at one time.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Ammo would be easy, for plinking you could use some 165 gr plated barrys bullets or another similar and maybe some unique.
I still have some brass and even loaded ammo from when i had a g20 and g29. And primers and bullets..........

I jusy got to thinking that would be a cool gun, you could even load subs and run a can on it.....

I know someone will probably chime in and say why suppress a 10mm auto?, well...... why not?......why suppress a .223? Why suppress a 300 win mag? You get the point.

I saw a company that has ar receiver pairs with a magwell machined for a g20 mag ( or 21 if youd rather), but i think i would like one of these even over the newer kriss vector.

It would make a nice deer gun too.

Maybe a 5-8" barrel and a law tac. Fsa...............
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

ThreeHundredBlackout wrote: I jusy got to thinking that would be a cool gun, you could even load subs and run a can on it.....

I know someone will probably chime in and say why suppress a 10mm auto?, well...... why not?......why suppress a .223? Why suppress a 300 win mag? You get the point.
I don't judge.

But if you're going to do that, may as well be chambered in .40 S&W :lol:
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

The 10 can shine in a longer barrel. I used to use a 11 grains of Blue Dot under 180 grain Gold Dot's. They would rock in my Glock but pick up a speed in my longer Contender barrel.

Only thing holding me back from one is not wanting a dedicated Glock reciever. If there was a magblock and mag to drop into my SBR I'd jump quick.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

John A. wrote:
ThreeHundredBlackout wrote: I jusy got to thinking that would be a cool gun, you could even load subs and run a can on it.....

I don't judge.

But if you're going to do that, may as well be chambered in .40 S&W :lol:

I wasnt referring to you, i had a guy at a gunshow years ago tell me it was a waste to try and suppress 10mm and he said whats the point bc it was going supersonic.

I think the way people do to suppress 556, it will take the edge off the noise and if wanted you could load it subsonic. True it basically becomes a .40 but seems more versatile.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Boolit_Head wrote:The 10 can shine in a longer barrel. I used to use a 11 grains of Blue Dot under 180 grain Gold Dot's. They would rock in my Glock but pick up a speed in my longer Contender barrel.

Only thing holding me back from one is not wanting a dedicated Glock reciever. If there was a magblock and mag to drop into my SBR I'd jump quick.

True that would be nice to be able to have a multi use lower.

For my use i think id be fine with using glock mags, you could do the same mod they do for the kriss and get a hi cap 10mm.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

10mm is way too powerful to be in the hands of civilians.
It should be restricted to LE/MIL ONLY. :roll:
(Sarcasm for those that are a wondering...)

Seriously though, my very first "Gun Crush" was a 10mm.
I was 14 and saw the ever so sexy Colt Delta Elite in the display case of a local sporting goods store.
I dreamed about that damn gun for months.
Never did achieve that goal.
Now, my tastes have changed and it doesn't appeal to me much anymore.

As far as an upper goes, sounds like a fun project.
Not my thing, but a good idea if you are already invested in 10mm auto.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain