Ideal trigger

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

aleaddict
Silent Operator

Re: Ideal trigger

Post by aleaddict »

I'm in the process of building my first AR pistol in 300BLK. Among other parts, I ordered a Geissele Rapid Fire Trigger (B-GRF) from Brownells (part# 100-014-357WB). It comes with both 4# and 3.2# trigger springs. Here is part of the product description:
The B-GRF trigger has a very short, light pull and reset. It is not recommended for bench rest shooting or shooting small groups. It is designed for CQB-style rapid target engagement and quick follow up shots.
On paper it sounds like a great trigger for a SBR/AR pistol and may fit the Lamb criteria.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

aleaddict wrote:I'm in the process of building my first AR pistol in 300BLK. Among other parts, I ordered a Geissele Rapid Fire Trigger (B-GRF) from Brownells (part# 100-014-357WB). It comes with both 4# and 3.2# trigger springs. Here is part of the product description:
The B-GRF trigger has a very short, light pull and reset. It is not recommended for bench rest shooting or shooting small groups. It is designed for CQB-style rapid target engagement and quick follow up shots.
On paper it sounds like a great trigger for a SBR/AR pistol and may fit the Lamb criteria.
Thanks, that just went to first place! 1) It's cheaper than the Wilson and POF, plus, Brownells has it on sale right now! 2) It's Geissele! If bank account can afford it, it's getting ordered pronto!
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

I have a Timney 3Lb in my grendel and love it. Crisp and clean.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

.... I tend to equate it to my Afghanistan experiences, i.e., bouncing around while cruising the wadi's at various speeds, depending on the situation :mrgreen:

...nowadays it's just being on the alert for that more frequently common experience of someones firearm being dropped or falling over while at the range :shock: Nowadays when I go to the range, before I occupy a stall, I always watch the shooters in adjoining and nearby stalls to assess their safety habits....just me :lol:

..one "surprise" bang! is enough to ruin a good day. Seeing a shooter's face when they have a double or triple tap from their super-light trigger pull is almost priceless but balanced by the RSO's look of immediate concern as they move to re-establish control and safety...

...I've been single stage all my military career, but I'm beginning to like the Geissele G2S's I'm running now, good safety margin for stress induced situations and yet better than a MILSPEC single stage for those deliberate shots requiring controlled action....

...just my $0.02
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

r.tenorio671 wrote:.... I tend to equate it to my Afghanistan experiences, i.e., bouncing around while cruising the wadi's at various speeds, depending on the situation :mrgreen:

...nowadays it's just being on the alert for that more frequently common experience of someones firearm being dropped or falling over while at the range :shock: Nowadays when I go to the range, before I occupy a stall, I always watch the shooters in adjoining and nearby stalls to assess their safety habits....just me :lol:

..one "surprise" bang! is enough to ruin a good day. Seeing a shooter's face when they have a double or triple tap from their super-light trigger pull is almost priceless but balanced by the RSO's look of immediate concern as they move to re-establish control and safety...

...I've been single stage all my military career, but I'm beginning to like the Geissele G2S's I'm running now, good safety margin for stress induced situations and yet better than a MILSPEC single stage for those deliberate shots requiring controlled action....

...just my $0.02
Probably worth much more than $.02 :mrgreen:

I hear ya, and agree there needs to be some smartness involved in the decision. Lamb states he prefers a 3.5 to 4.5 lb trigger if I remember correctly. Said he likes it to be like a heavy tuned pistol trigger.

Because of the difference between a precision instrument and a fast-firing, close-range set-up, I'm going to start with the 4.0-lb spring. Might test what other springs would give me a 4.5 to 5.0 lb weight, since I'm very used to that level on my duty pistol.
WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Post by WalterGA »

polizei1 wrote:That's a lot of text when all you really needed to say was, "Geissele."

:mrgreen:
Exactomento!!!!!
IMGrunt
Silent But Deadly

Post by IMGrunt »

+ 1 on Geissele
Have already switched 3 rifles out to either SD-Es or Cs.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." -- Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army