Hold overs on an Eotech.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Wagney93

Hold overs on an Eotech.

Post by Wagney93 »

So, I just finished building my 300 blackout and am considering optics now. I have an aimpoint pro on my 5.56 but think I want an eotech for this rifle. has anyone tried using the standard reticle for supers, and then using the 65 moa cirlce for your hold over for subs? I know they have a special 300blk optic, but for regular shooting, I like the regular eotech reticle. would this idea work?
anotherkelley
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hold overs on an Eotech.

Post by anotherkelley »

:lol: 18 of you jerks have already read this and not one of you were willing to tell him about the recall?

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=97053
Wagney93

Post by Wagney93 »

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering why their prices have been so low lately lol I've seen some $150 cheaper than before.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Yeah, but i'd buy another Eotech over anything else. Can't tell you if your idea would work, I have the 300 blk version on my SBR. I've never tried the Sub/Super thing.
ScottC

Post by ScottC »

I've got an XPS2-2 with a 3x magnifier on my SBR. I shoot mostly subs with a can and have zeroed for the subs with the lower dot at 50 yards. Supers @50 hit above and to the right of the center dot by about an inch. With the can they're low right by about the same amount. 60-65 yards is apogee for sub rounds, so for greater distances I just guess the hold over. The drop from 50 out to 100 yards is about 7.5", easy to judge on most targets. Combat accuracy is all I want from it.