Best red dot for under $250?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Superfld
Silent Operator

Best red dot for under $250?

Post by Superfld »

Looking to mount on a suppressed with not much recoil but might also put on my 12 gauge shot gun. Needs to be tough and don't care about magnification.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Re: Best red dot for under $250?

Post by Sharkbite »

Primary arms and Vortex are both worth a look
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

You might be able to do a Vortex Sparc II and a LaRue QD mount, used off ebay, for around $250. Easy to go from rifle to shotgun. Supposedly the LT660HK mount gives you perfect co witness on a Sparc II. Don't come up for sale that often though. It's the combo I was looking to buy, to have a extra red dot around, before I started building a Aero Precision M5 .308.

Edit: Not many people know this but Vortex has a military/ex military discount if you buy from their site. If you sign up please PM me so I can give you my name and zip for a referral.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/military_le_program
Last edited by tfbit on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

I've got a vortex SPARC II on my sbr that I like a lot. I can't remember what I paid for it. Also just got a vortex razor red dot for my pistol. It's also very nice and well built. I love vortex stuff.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

....I've used 2 Primary Arms MDL-06's and a Bushnell TRS-25 for over 3 years now and have experienced no issues with them, calibers they have been mounted on are 300BLK, 556 & .308Win, the 300BLK & 556 have been carbine & pistol formats. For a smaller profile RDS, I've also used my Burris FastFire 3 without any issues. The FF3 initially started out on my 1911 pistol and it never gave me any issues over thousands of rounds of full power .45ACP Hardball, its currently on my 12GA H&K (Benelli) M121-M1, mounted with a "SpeedBead" for "testing" and initial results are it's not experiencing any issues with the recoil.
Superfld
Silent Operator

Post by Superfld »

I just bought a new 300 blk today (my second) and appreciate the advice. I have a cheap tru glow and it says OK for rifles and even shotguns but I have broken it twice on my .223. Just sent back for the third time. I am definitely OK to spend more.
elCapitan
Silent Operator

Post by elCapitan »

Dvor had an email blast sale yesterday, might still be going on. Vortex Spitfire 1X for $189. Usually you find them in the $325-$350 range. I've loved mine, so far.

http://www.dvor.com/vortex-spitfire-kil ... pener=mail
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

If I'm not buying an Aimpoint then it is one of these from primary arms
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms ... kt-md-ads/
This mount is quickly becoming my favorite
https://kineticdg.com/product/sidelok-a ... -t2-h1-h2/

With mount you are in at $310 + shipping
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Like my SPARC II, was about $200. Also like my TRS-25, I think optics planet is selling those with a high mount for $80 this weekend. There's also the Lucid line to consider, I hear good things about them.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
Superfld
Silent Operator

Post by Superfld »

That sparc 2 with the magnifier looks pretty cool. $400......so much for my budget but I might have to go for that.