Sneaky Pete holsters

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Sneaky Pete holsters

Post by hardcase »

It is that time of year when folks ask me what I want for Christmas. One item I've been drooling over for some time is the holsters by Sneaky Pete.

I have way to many concealed carry holsters that are either uncomfortable or print through my clothes or don't conceal much at all. I'm 5'11" and 165 lbs, and live in the humid South, and body type does not lend enough mass to hide a holster. There is one type, I don't know what they are called, but for lack of a better description call them crotch wear. The barrel is pointed at Johnson and his two balled headed sons. I find this a type that is workable but psychologically disturbing.

Sneaky Pete seems like it might be a reasonable option, both physically and psychologically. My concerns are name recognition for the Sneaky Pete brand since it is clearly displayed on the flap.

My question is if someone called LE saying there is a gun in there would I be in trouble based on name recognition?

What would be a good response if someone asked me what was in it? I've thought about something like "I am a test consumer for a new I-Pod" or some such lie.

Anyone with experience?

http://sneakypeteholsters.com/
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sneaky Pete holsters

Post by VENT625 »

hardcase wrote:It is that time of year when folks ask me what I want for Christmas. One item I've been drooling over for some time is the holsters by Sneaky Pete.

I have way to many concealed carry holsters that are either uncomfortable or print through my clothes or don't conceal much at all. I'm 5'11" and 165 lbs, and live in the humid South, and body type does not lend enough mass to hide a holster. There is one type, I don't know what they are called, but for lack of a better description call them crotch wear. The barrel is pointed at Johnson and his two balled headed sons. I find this a type that is workable but psychologically disturbing.

Sneaky Pete seems like it might be a reasonable option, both physically and psychologically. My concerns are name recognition for the Sneaky Pete brand since it is clearly displayed on the flap.

My question is if someone called LE saying there is a gun in there would I be in trouble based on name recognition?

What would be a good response if someone asked me what was in it? I've thought about something like "I am a test consumer for a new I-Pod" or some such lie.

Anyone with experience?

http://sneakypeteholsters.com/
I see what you did there!!!!!! :mrgreen:
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i would NOT say you're a test for some new consumer electronics - especially like an Iphone/ipod etc. that almost guarantee's they'll ask to see it.

if you go the sneaky pete route and someone asks, tell them its health monitoring equipment from your dr - make up something gross like its a wireless colon monitor or something like that.

i would never wear one because to anyone that knows - they SCREAM "hey i have a gun here in my fake cell phone holster" because well.. how many people do you see walking around with their phones in a pouch type holster - especially one of that shape. back when blackberry's were around that was relatively common. but damn near nobody has a blackberry anymore and most smart phones are rectangular and not almost square.

its like when you see someone in a vest.

might as well walk around with a neon sign on you

my $0.02 usd.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

My mom packs in a Sneaky Pete, she has no trouble with it, it's another bag that a girl carries. I read an article about a guy packing with one, and tech nerds harassed him all day about what gadget he had in there. I think for ladies they can be a great idea, but they are freaking huge, like having a novel on your belt.

PS - Mass doesn't hide guns, mass digs beavertails into body fat. Thank god for single stacks and belt clips.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

I'm 5'10" and 150# and solved my printing issue with a glock43 :mrgreen:
cdynaco
Silent But Deadly

Post by cdynaco »

plant.one wrote: its like when you see someone in a vest.

might as well walk around with a neon sign on you

my $0.02 usd.
Yeah I foolishly bought an NRA vest. Every freakin button has N R A stamped on it. duh
So it just hangs in the closet.

Neither Sneaky Pete or Risky Johnson are on my list! Image
Charliehorse
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

Personally, no way I'd wear one. Just my opinion ..... Lots of people do stuff I wouldn't do though.

I've been asked what the "thing" under my shirt was before, and replied that is was my "insulin pump". No more scrutiny. Of course it was a 1911 in a serpa at 3:00 ..... Very nice print.
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
afshirt
Silent But Deadly

Post by afshirt »

I have one mounted to my center console in my car where my Glock 42 resides during car trips. I live in Florida. I carry a Glock 19 every day in an OWB Raven concealment holster under a loose fitting unbuttoned overshirt.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
Full time instructor with Florida Firearms Training
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

idaho.jon wrote:I'm 5'10" and 150# and solved my printing issue with a glock43 :mrgreen:
I'm 5'10" and 165. The best combo I found was an old style Bianchi #3 IWB and an Officer's ACP. (the OLD style holster without the plastic that adds a 1/4" of thickness)

You MUST get a good belt meant for hanging a gun on. My belt is a 1/4" thick cow hide belt made for the job.
BlackLight
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BlackLight »

I never carry a mousegun, ever. 99% of the time my primary is an EAA Witness Elite 10MM (15 shots) with 5 reloads. I wear a vest or coat, usually a vest, like these

http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Plaincloth ... B0048NUV54

or

http://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-vest.html

Is it more obvious? Sure, but if something bad goes down I'm properly armed
Lefties are members of a suicide cult who want to compel your membership