Back-up plan for scope purchase...

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Back-up plan for scope purchase...

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

So, i snoozed and losed (? lost, but that doesn't rhyme...whatever)
I was really looking forward to getting my paycheck on tuesday (sep 2) from my summer job of cutting brush and trees off a lakeside property, had a nice list of stuff i was gonna get, and right at the top of that list was the Primary Arms 4-14x44 scope that I have been excited about...
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arm ... ffp308.htm
Bad news, it's out of stock now, and if previous runs of Primary Arms stock has been any indication, I'm at least lookin at a couple month wait...well, i wanna get a scope on my Rem 700 with new chassis and start shooting, so I am lookin for something around the same cost but with comparable (or better) quality...i know, sub-$300 scopes are rarely gonna be up there with my Nightforces, but i don't wanna spend NF or Trijicon money right now...here is another scope that I don't really know anything about...
https://www.primaryarms.com/Vortex_Cros ... -31025.htm
...there are just too many Vortex options for me to find which ones have been recommended or not...i really DO like having the illuminated reticle option, and it's close to the same power...any ideas or experience with these? anyone have the Primary Arms option i was waiting on and think i should just wait? just gimme some input here guys, i'm so damn impatient when it comes to blowing my toy money...thanks
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Back-up plan for scope purchase...

Post by tallburnedmidget »

And the Google has answered your prayers
http://www.ar500armor.com/primary-arms- ... AKqcWPtp4c

I have never used this company so I can't say anything good or bad about them. Hope this helps :)
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

holy crap, i literally just did a google search for primary arms scopes, and i have been stuck staring at page after page of opticsplanet specials, i hadn't found that site yet...you rock!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

No problem. My Google-fu is pretty strong, I'm glad I could help out.

You would be surprised at how much extra money a person can make over a workplace peer just by knowing how to Google well. It is a priceless skill in the world today :)
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Lol, my job restricts us from access to internet while at work...i have gotten rusty...
Randygmn
Silent Operator

Post by Randygmn »

Redfield makes decent stuff. They are owned by leupold and its their budget line. Lifetime guarantee.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

AR 500 Armor is based out of Phoenix and is reputable.
They are growing their accessories.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
Poorboy1015
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Poorboy1015 »

I left one in my shopping cart at Optics Planet overnight a few weeks ago and the next morning they had sent a coupon for $45 off. Yea, I used it.
bdill
Silent Operator

Post by bdill »

Randygmn wrote:Redfield makes decent stuff. They are owned by leupold and its their budget line. Lifetime guarantee.
+1

I have a redfield revolution 4-12 on my rem 700 30.06 and I love it. It costs from $239-$259 depending on where you look.
AndyT
Senior Silent Operator

Post by AndyT »

I bought my wife the Primary arms 4-16x illuminated to replace her vortex crossfire 3-9x.

Neither are amazing scopes but for the price they are pretty hard to beat, the primary stuff comes in plain cardboard boxes with really crappy instructions/details about the scope but the product itself is nice.

Nothing wrong with the Vortex, my wife just wanted an illuminated reticle and more magnification so she can shoot tighter groups further out.

Happy wife happy life right?

Plus it justifies me buying gun stuff.