Full Float Stock w/wood grips

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

JoeBronco

Post by JoeBronco »

I built a 7.62 with a custom cut wood stock and have since retired the gun. It has well over 30 pigs under its belt and it was time to move on to the 300 due to reloading and copper restrictions.

I had an old browning stock laying around that I didn’t need so i went to work...

Cut it in half and dry fitted

Then went to work

Almost finished, now to work on the pistol grip and but-stock.
“The woods are never solitary - they are full of whispering, beckoning, friendly life. But the sea is a mighty soul, forever moaning of some great, unshareable sorrow..." L.M. Montgomery
JoeBronco

Re: Full Float Stock w/wood grips

Post by JoeBronco »

Not the best photos but ill get some better ones when i can. I wanted a wood grip and since its pistol length nobody makes a wood kit that will allow for a full float. 300blk that will be built for the field!
“The woods are never solitary - they are full of whispering, beckoning, friendly life. But the sea is a mighty soul, forever moaning of some great, unshareable sorrow..." L.M. Montgomery
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

That’s a good looking start, and certainly personalized. I like the wood look and feel.

Will you be doing the stock and grip from scratch or kit?
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
JoeBronco

Post by JoeBronco »

I contacted Matt from ironwood designs. He has some unfinished A2 buttstocks he was willing to part with. Ill use it as a base and go from there.
JoeBronco

Post by JoeBronco »

Kamsmoogs

Post by Kamsmoogs »

I dont have any advice but just wanted to say how awesome it is that you are learning with your kids Gives me the warm and fuzzies :-
Baltimoreed11754

Post by Baltimoreed11754 »

Nice build. Like the look.
‘Give’em hell, Pike’
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Post by AR-300 »

Looks great. Unique!
PSA 10.5" & 16'' FN CHF CL 300 AAC Blackout