Looking for a good AR trigger

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for a good AR trigger

Post by Freedom1973 »

I have used Geisselle on my AR's. I usually wait for a holiday sale to buy them. Rugged and reliable. Dolomite's stellar review has made me buy a Hiperfire for my 223 Wyde build. Looking forward to trying it out.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

+1 for elftmann tactical...........i have their match trigger and love it !
If you have a bad lever get the curved trigger.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

... I tend to favor the Geiselle G2S 2-stage, reasonably priced and excellent performance and safety...
Ray95

Post by Ray95 »

On my first AR build I used a ALG ACT trigger, seemed to be better than the average off the shelf AR and wasn't terribly expensive. It's been good for a few years now, haven't changed it. Probably has about 2k rounds through it by now.

On my second build I tried out a Enhanced Nickel Teflon trigger from Right to Bear. For $40 it was worth a try. It was just like the ALG ACT trigger but a little smoother and lighter, I think they use different springs to reduce pull weight. Either way I would get another one over the ALG. This one has about 4k rounds on it, eventually pulled it and replaced with a JMT drop in trigger (it was a benchtop precision type of rifle for me). Now this trigger is in my 10" 300blk pistol, wouldn't change it for anything.
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

A buddy recently talked to me about the Triggertech. I am going to use it on my next build. I have been running the Gieslle's with good luck.

http://www.primaryarms.com/triggertech- ... rved-black
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Flatliner wrote:A buddy recently talked to me about the Triggertech. I am going to use it on my next build. I have been running the Gieslle's with good luck.

http://www.primaryarms.com/triggertech- ... rved-black
The Hiperfire is probably better than those, or any, cartridge style triggers. It is adjustable and takes, literally, 30 seconds to change the weight without the need of tools. It hits the primer harder than any cartridge, or milspec, trigger too. The lighter you go the harder the Hiperfire hits the primer.

It is the best feeling trigger I have ever used in an AR and I cannot think of too many any other platforms with a better trigger either.

Joe Bob has them on sale for about 1/2 the cost anywhere else as well.

I am not, and have never been, brand loyal and go where the best is and in AR triggers it is hard to beat a Hiperfire in the same price range or even beyond. I have pulled a lot of high end AR triggers, including Giesselle, and the Hiperfire is better than any I can remember.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

+1 on the hiperfire.
I'd buy one again if I was looking for an AR trigger.
sellersm

Post by sellersm »

Another +1 for the Hiperfire (though it's annoying that they keep changing the trigger model names). Their EDT line, not sure what the new names are, are excellent for your requirements. But keep reading below...

Also, a big +1 for the Right To Bear enhanced nickel plated trigger. Under $40!

When they're in stock, that is... https://www.righttobear.com/Enhanced-Ni ... nta-01.htm
300BLKLuv

Post by 300BLKLuv »

ALG A.C.T trigger is not above the hype, affordable, and enhanced mil-spec. Unless you're doing high speed performance shooting or military operations, few really need a low lb 2-stage trigger.

For a HD gun, stay out of potential legal jeopardy by not selecting a super light, designed for precision marksmanship trigger.
Atlas Shrug

Post by Atlas Shrug »

I’m a bit of a trigger snob as well.

I’ve used ALG ACT (about $65), RRA NM and Varmint (about $110), and Geiselle SSA-E (about $210) triggers. Of those, the best IMHO is the SSA-E. (I have a small bore rifle / precision air rifle target shooting background and am thus heavily enamored with nice two stage triggers.)

Then I recently tried the Larue MBT trigger. The one I received for $99 was as good as the SSA-E (really better). As good or better than the SSA-E at half the cost.

NOW they are on sale for $87 until Christmas. I plan to buy a few more and upgrade everything.

My sample breaks very crisply at 3.5 lbs. The weight and break are better than my SSA-Es, much better than everything else I’ve listed.

I can’t see how anything else is even close, especially when considering the cost. Really a no-brained.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ta ... s-trigger/