Looking for a good AR trigger

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

sellersm

Re: Looking for a good AR trigger

Post by sellersm »

Atlas Shrug wrote:I’m a bit of a trigger snob as well.

I’ve used ALG ACT (about $65), RRA NM and Varmint (about $110), and Geiselle SSA-E (about $210) triggers. Of those, the best IMHO is the SSA-E. (I have a small bore rifle / precision air rifle target shooting background and am thus heavily enamored with nice two stage triggers.)

Then I recently tried the Larue MBT trigger. The one I received for $99 was as good as the SSA-E (really better). As good or better than the SSA-E at half the cost.

NOW they are on sale for $87 until Christmas. I plan to buy a few more and upgrade everything.

My sample breaks very crisply at 3.5 lbs. The weight and break are better than my SSA-Es, much better than everything else I’ve listed.

I can’t see how anything else is even close, especially when considering the cost. Really a no-brained.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ta ... s-trigger/
I know this is an old thread, but I gotta give a huge +1 to the Larue MBT! Now that they're only $87, it's a complete no-brainer...
Mike300

Re: Looking for a good AR trigger

Post by Mike300 »

Hiperfire 24E (Elite). A little more take up than the 3G trigger but still very minimal. No perceptible stacking. You don’t easily “Stack” this or any other of the 24 series triggers. It is single stage like all of their other triggers.