CZ 527 Scope

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

brentwinkey

CZ 527 Scope

Post by brentwinkey »

Looking to put a piece of glass on my CZ 527 in 300blk here's my plan with it.
#1-Rifle will almost exclusively be used for plinking with subs with that said I will be hunting and wanting to go out to extended ranges for fun/steel banging(0-250yds)
#2- I'm definitely comfortable dialing for different ranges (mils preferred) but open to most anything
#3 Would consider a marked reticle but not needed
#4 Not looking to break the bank but do own high end optics cause I'm a get what u pay for type of person
Thanks for any input. Brent
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: CZ 527 Scope

Post by rebel »

Look at Leupold Mark AR series.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
brentwinkey

Post by brentwinkey »

rebel wrote:Look at Leupold Mark AR series.
Yeah the 4-12 Mark AR MOD 1 was on my short list. Almost all my hunting rifles have Leupolds on them
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

The NightForce SHV 3-10/42 is on mine.

There are a couple of choices in reticles, I have a MOAR non illuminated on mine, but you can get an illuminated MOAR, or a ForcePlex, which is a duplex style. I got the MOAR version because I can use the reticle to zero the supers at 100 yards, and then figure how many MOA on the vertical post for the sub loads. It is a 30mm tube, so plenty of reticle movement is available.

It is also competitive with Leupold products. I actually returned a Leupold Mk4 MRT 1.5-5/20 with a First Focal Plane 300 BLK illuminated circle dot reticle because the darn thing was virtually unusable at lower magnifications. I have a few other FFP scopes that I use routinely, but this one was not one that I found practical, as I could not see any of the stadia in the reticle, nor the illuminated 7.5 MOA circle dot at anything under 3 power. Plus it was about $140 more than the NF. I have a large number of Leupold scopes on my rifles, and they are usually my go to scope company, but having found out about NightForce through some friends, I have to say that they are moving into my "post position" as it were, especially with their SHV line.
excess650
Silent But Deadly

Post by excess650 »

I have a Leupold 1.5-5x on my CZ 527, but it doesn't have target knobs. My 16" AR has a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x and that would be my recommendation IF you can get 30mm rings for the CZ.
Black Rifles Matter
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Take a look at the Burris RT-6. Glass is close to the XTR II line of scopes. Have one on my 16 inch BO.
https://www.tactical-life.com/gear/opti ... ope-speed/
https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/rt- ... e-1-6x24mm
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rb288 »

I put a Vortex 1-4x24 on my 7.62x39 and have no problems with it.
It is very accurate.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.