Trijicon Scope Experience

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Trijicon Scope Experience

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Lookin' at this optic from Trijicon:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-ac ... scope.html
Red illumination MOA version. This will be on an 18" .223 wylde build i'm currently doing. Not sure i like that it's a 1" tube, but have never had a bad experience with Trijicon items...ever.
Any of you guys use their optics? This one specifically? Any info appreciated...thanks!
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Trijicon Scope Experience

Post by dellet »

I use a 3x30 ACOG and a 1X6 Accupoint both work very well in low light. In very bright light the dots can wash out a bit. The Accupoint illumination can be adjusted, the ACOG I cover the tube if needed. Glass on both is very clear.

The price on those is down around what you pay for a decent Vortex and there is no comparison. As for the tube diameter I can’t really say. I’d probably just either go with the 4X16 or 2.5X10. More for mount selection than anything else.

I have been very happy with both.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

dellet wrote:I use a 3x30 ACOG and a 1X6 Accupoint both work very well in low light. In very bright light the dots can wash out a bit. The Accupoint illumination can be adjusted, the ACOG I cover the tube if needed. Glass on both is very clear.

The price on those is down around what you pay for a decent Vortex and there is no comparison. As for the tube diameter I can’t really say. I’d probably just either go with the 4X16 or 2.5X10. More for mount selection than anything else.

I've used the ACOG pretty extensively, but never the AccuPower...the Accupoint is probably close on glass, which is my number one concern...i can get the one i want around 500$, which is a sale price but a helluva lot cheaper than any ACOG i can find...i think i'm gonna pull the trigger on it...
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:
dellet wrote:I use a 3x30 ACOG and a 1X6 Accupoint both work very well in low light. In very bright light the dots can wash out a bit. The Accupoint illumination can be adjusted, the ACOG I cover the tube if needed. Glass on both is very clear.

I've used the ACOG pretty extensively, but never the AccuPower...the Accupoint is probably close on glass, which is my number one concern...i can get the one i want around 500$, which is a sale price but a helluva lot cheaper than any ACOG i can find...i think i'm gonna pull the trigger on it...
I think the glass and housings are the same, it’s the illumination that’s different. Maybe reticle choice. The price seems hard to beat. I doubt you will be disappointed in quality. Look forward to the review.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Just placed order, $512 including shipping, insurance, etc...review will be incoming...

Edited to update: contacted via email that transaction was denied, no reason. Began my search again, actually got same item for slighly better price (not sure if i can mention where) at $482 shipped...
rambie

Post by rambie »

I have accupower 2.5x10x56. Like it very well.
Good for dawn and dusk hunting in low light. I can't even see 100 yds with my naked eye, so this really helps.

Illumination is not daylight bright, but leave it on, so if the animal moves to shade, it will facilitate.
I do not consider daytime bright illumination even necessary, based on my experience.

I've dropped this from the stand 20 ft (rope failed) and it did not affect it at all.
For the money, IMO it's a excellent value. Having tested side-by-side, I found it's the best of class.
My major criteria is low light and ability to count antlers 15 min past sunset in planted pines.

You can get brighter, better resolving, but you have to step up to around $1500, based on my trying multiple scopes.

I found Vortex to be a joke. They are bright, but the optical distortion towards the edges is horrible. Maybe I just looked thru some bad ones.
Thetha

Post by Thetha »

The reticle is very fine, and nicely detailed, a pleasure to look at really. In person they look just they do on trij's website except in a much higher detail. Here's a pic taken with my cellphone which defenantaly does both of scopes a disservice, compared to viewing them in person. The cellphone just isn't good enough to capture the entire reticle of the trij and it makes it look washed out and blury, but it does give you an idea of how fine it is. In person the reticle isn't washed out its 100% visible and the image though both scopes in far more crisp. This is the moa reticle btw. I'll post a pick of another scope (leupold mark 8 cqbss 1-8x24 H27 reticle) https://thetacticalscopes.com/best-optic-scar-17/ to give a comparison so you can get a better idea. I own a far share of glass and the accupower is becoming one my favorites im sure you wont be dissapointed with it. I like the accupowers enough that I actually didn't need the scope I already had an optic on the rifle but after looking though and handling
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/s ... kuizfi.jpg
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

dellet wrote:I think the glass and housings are the same, it’s the illumination that’s different. Maybe reticle choice. The price seems hard to beat. I doubt you will be disappointed in quality. Look forward to the review.
If that’s the case then the glass is pretty good quality for the money. I’m a little disappointed in the light gathering ability of my accupoint 3x9x40. Though I’m sure it performs as well as a 40mm should. Just seems a little lacking to me.

Looking at the specs outlined on that link, it looks like they have made a change to the eye relief. My accupoint has a larger range listed. (Going from memory of a few years ago) The significance is that at the low/high end of the variable magnification power I can not keep my head in the same position and maintain same sight picture.

I don’t know enough about optics to know if this as it should be or if I have a problem. I just avoid 3 and 9 power and use the rest of the range. Works for me and I like the scope and remember paying over $800 for it about seven years ago. It currently resides on my model 7 blackout.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George