Better Late than never......

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by bangbangping »

rebel wrote:Since I was building it myself, I used 1.5x2 s and Coroplast sheets to keep it light.
Looks good. I looked at that stuff the last time I built a stand, but couldn't spring for the cost. Been scouting out large political signs to harvest on November 8th. :mrgreen:
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i have a couple friends who have gotten silly with theirs. Insulated 2x6 walls, cot or built in bunk, solar panels, double hung windows, propane stoves (the kind that run off the same tanks your bbq or camper does, not the little bottles). All but the heated toilet seat.

one of my buddy's blinds is built into the ceiling of the covered pavilion he has in the back yard... He cut a dormer into the roof and built a 6'x8' room up above the rafters. Its got a 20 amp circuit in it. He runs a space heater, has a coffee pot & hot plate in there and hunts in jeans and a tshirt.

while i've never deer hunted from anything with electricity.... however...... i will admit - an insulated room + double hung window + space heater makes for awfully nice nighttime critter hunting in the middle of the winter. we've shot more than a few raccoon's and opossums out of that pavilion blind over the years.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

plant.one wrote:i have a couple friends who have gotten silly with theirs. Insulated 2x6 walls, cot or built in bunk, solar panels, double hung windows, propane stoves (the kind that run off the same tanks your bbq or camper does, not the little bottles). All but the heated toilet seat.

one of my buddy's blinds is built into the ceiling of the covered pavilion he has in the back yard... He cut a dormer into the roof and built a 6'x8' room up above the rafters. Its got a 20 amp circuit in it. He runs a space heater, has a coffee pot & hot plate in there and hunts in jeans and a tshirt.

while i've never deer hunted from anything with electricity.... however...... i will admit - an insulated room + double hung window + space heater makes for awfully nice nighttime critter hunting in the middle of the winter. we've shot more than a few raccoon's and opossums out of that pavilion blind over the years.
Well there you go Rebel. Put the addition on and do it right. Don't let some guys from Michigan show up a Southern Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

smustian wrote:
plant.one wrote:i have a couple friends who have gotten silly with theirs. Insulated 2x6 walls, cot or built in bunk, solar panels, double hung windows, propane stoves (the kind that run off the same tanks your bbq or camper does, not the little bottles). All but the heated toilet seat.

Well there you go Rebel. Put the addition on and do it right. Don't let some guys from Michigan show up a Southern Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I'm thinkin' solar 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

Looks like a great plot of land! So many ideas and projects ahead
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

Man thats a great setup Reb. I would consider making it comfortable for your own sake. You may have just built your own dog house in the event you run afoul of Mrs. Rebel. :lol:
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

That pavillion turret sounds sweet!

I'd sit in there all cozy whacking yotes against the snow cast.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Jim Timber wrote:That pavillion turret sounds sweet!

I'd sit in there all cozy whacking yotes against the snow cast.

cant say i've seen a yote track up that close to the house. they stay on the other side of the hill back behind the lake that splits his property. he's got a large male malamute/husky mix that roams the front half there... so they avoid it like the plague, even though the dog is usually in his pen at night.

doesnt stop the deer and other stuff from coming in but large canines want nothing to do with his dog.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
riude

Post by riude »

I have three insulated cabins with paraffin heaters. One has also bed, two are too small for that.
It´s much more convenient when waiting 4-6 hours for fox to appear to bait in -25 celsius.

Bed is great, specially when you have sms trail camera at bait. Just rest, wake up when sms arrives to your mobile phone and do your job :D.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ive been critter hunting lately with a HF driveway alert facing the bait pile.

the beep is loud enough to wake me up or i can watch TV if its a boring night.