Better Late than never......

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

User avatar
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by bangbangping » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:28 pm

rebel wrote:Since I was building it myself, I used 1.5x2 s and Coroplast sheets to keep it light.
Looks good. I looked at that stuff the last time I built a stand, but couldn't spring for the cost. Been scouting out large political signs to harvest on November 8th. :mrgreen:

BulletFlight for Android
User avatar
plant.one
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: Oakland County, MI

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by plant.one » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 pm

i have a couple friends who have gotten silly with theirs. Insulated 2x6 walls, cot or built in bunk, solar panels, double hung windows, propane stoves (the kind that run off the same tanks your bbq or camper does, not the little bottles). All but the heated toilet seat.


one of my buddy's blinds is built into the ceiling of the covered pavilion he has in the back yard... He cut a dormer into the roof and built a 6'x8' room up above the rafters. Its got a 20 amp circuit in it. He runs a space heater, has a coffee pot & hot plate in there and hunts in jeans and a tshirt.


while i've never deer hunted from anything with electricity.... however...... i will admit - an insulated room + double hung window + space heater makes for awfully nice nighttime critter hunting in the middle of the winter. we've shot more than a few raccoon's and opossums out of that pavilion blind over the years.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.

User avatar
smustian
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3434
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Central Virginia

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by smustian » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:36 am

plant.one wrote:i have a couple friends who have gotten silly with theirs. Insulated 2x6 walls, cot or built in bunk, solar panels, double hung windows, propane stoves (the kind that run off the same tanks your bbq or camper does, not the little bottles). All but the heated toilet seat.


one of my buddy's blinds is built into the ceiling of the covered pavilion he has in the back yard... He cut a dormer into the roof and built a 6'x8' room up above the rafters. Its got a 20 amp circuit in it. He runs a space heater, has a coffee pot & hot plate in there and hunts in jeans and a tshirt.


while i've never deer hunted from anything with electricity.... however...... i will admit - an insulated room + double hung window + space heater makes for awfully nice nighttime critter hunting in the middle of the winter. we've shot more than a few raccoon's and opossums out of that pavilion blind over the years.
Well there you go Rebel. Put the addition on and do it right. Don't let some guys from Michigan show up a Southern Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
rebel
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7243
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm
Location: Moonshine Country

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by rebel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:57 pm

smustian wrote:
plant.one wrote:i have a couple friends who have gotten silly with theirs. Insulated 2x6 walls, cot or built in bunk, solar panels, double hung windows, propane stoves (the kind that run off the same tanks your bbq or camper does, not the little bottles). All but the heated toilet seat.


one of my buddy's blinds is built into the ceiling of the covered pavilion he has in the back yard... He cut a dormer into the roof and built a 6'x8' room up above the rafters. Its got a 20 amp circuit in it. He runs a space heater, has a coffee pot & hot plate in there and hunts in jeans and a tshirt.


while i've never deer hunted from anything with electricity.... however...... i will admit - an insulated room + double hung window + space heater makes for awfully nice nighttime critter hunting in the middle of the winter. we've shot more than a few raccoon's and opossums out of that pavilion blind over the years.
Well there you go Rebel. Put the addition on and do it right. Don't let some guys from Michigan show up a Southern Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I'm thinkin' solar 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.

User avatar
A-Game
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by A-Game » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:37 am

Looks like a great plot of land! So many ideas and projects ahead
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk

User avatar
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:27 pm
Location: Southwest
Contact:

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by TreeTopFlier » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:54 am

Man thats a great setup Reb. I would consider making it comfortable for your own sake. You may have just built your own dog house in the event you run afoul of Mrs. Rebel. :lol:
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier

User avatar
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2348
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:55 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by Jim Timber » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:35 am

That pavillion turret sounds sweet!

I'd sit in there all cozy whacking yotes against the snow cast.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices

User avatar
plant.one
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: Oakland County, MI

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by plant.one » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:39 am

Jim Timber wrote:That pavillion turret sounds sweet!

I'd sit in there all cozy whacking yotes against the snow cast.

cant say i've seen a yote track up that close to the house. they stay on the other side of the hill back behind the lake that splits his property. he's got a large male malamute/husky mix that roams the front half there... so they avoid it like the plague, even though the dog is usually in his pen at night.

doesnt stop the deer and other stuff from coming in but large canines want nothing to do with his dog.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.

riude
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:51 am
Location: Finland

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by riude » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:55 am

plant.one wrote:i have a couple friends who have gotten silly with theirs. Insulated 2x6 walls, cot or built in bunk, solar panels, double hung windows, propane stoves (the kind that run off the same tanks your bbq or camper does, not the little bottles). All but the heated toilet seat.


one of my buddy's blinds is built into the ceiling of the covered pavilion he has in the back yard... He cut a dormer into the roof and built a 6'x8' room up above the rafters. Its got a 20 amp circuit in it. He runs a space heater, has a coffee pot & hot plate in there and hunts in jeans and a tshirt.


while i've never deer hunted from anything with electricity.... however...... i will admit - an insulated room + double hung window + space heater makes for awfully nice nighttime critter hunting in the middle of the winter. we've shot more than a few raccoon's and opossums out of that pavilion blind over the years.
I have three insulated cabins with paraffin heaters. One has also bed, two are too small for that.
It´s much more convenient when waiting 4-6 hours for fox to appear to bait in -25 celsius.

Bed is great, specially when you have sms trail camera at bait. Just rest, wake up when sms arrives to your mobile phone and do your job :D.

User avatar
plant.one
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: Oakland County, MI

Re: Better Late than never......

Post by plant.one » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:02 am

ive been critter hunting lately with a HF driveway alert facing the bait pile.

the beep is loud enough to wake me up or i can watch TV if its a boring night.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Post Reply