2016 Deer Hunting Results - Post Pics Here!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

1911garand

2016 Deer Hunting Results - Post Pics Here!

Post by 1911garand »

Alright, the MN deer opener is about a month away. I am pumped to get out with the 300blk again.

Great results with 300blk last year: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=96584

I hunt in MN zone 182 (near Duluth) which is intensive harvest, 5 deer per person (1 buck and 4 does max - tag needed for each dear).

So, good luck to everyone, I hope to be posting a pic here on opener!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: 2016 Deer Hunting Results - Post Pics Here!

Post by tallburnedmidget »

I go on my big hunting trip 15 days, I can't wait!!!!

I'm down to about 20 pounds of meat in the freezer from last year so I will eat on that and then take whats left out on the hunting trip and then start the process of filling the freezer again for another year.

I promise I'll post pics here and I will continue my yearly hunting and meat processing posts as I have the past few years :)
jcs152112

Post by jcs152112 »

November can't come quick enough for me! Rifle season starts in Texas the first weekend in November. Have been feeding the same area for 9 years and have some really nice whitetails on camera. Hopefully one will be around opening weekend, because when that first shot is fired you don't see the big bucks again until they are looking for some stray hot doe. Had one picture with 7 bucks in it. Lots of HOGS!!! we can't kill enough of them. My grandson shot one Monday morning that tipped my 350# scales out. Big sticking boar. Coyote food!! Good Luck everyone!!
cmcleod
Silent Operator

Post by cmcleod »

jcs152112 wrote:November can't come quick enough for me! Rifle season starts in Texas the first weekend in November. Have been feeding the same area for 9 years and have some really nice whitetails on camera. Hopefully one will be around opening weekend, because when that first shot is fired you don't see the big bucks again until they are looking for some stray hot doe. Had one picture with 7 bucks in it. Lots of HOGS!!! we can't kill enough of them. My grandson shot one Monday morning that tipped my 350# scales out. Big sticking boar. Coyote food!! Good Luck everyone!!
Where are you hunting at? I'm hunting outside of Boerne and also have a buddy with a ranch in south Texas. Going to miss opening weekend, but have four days set aside the following weekend for the wife to get her first kill (with a Ruger in 300blk of course!).

Hopefully this is the year of the suppressed subsonic kill for me. Stamp is 3-5 weeks out at my best estimate.

Good luck to you!

-Chris
cdubya38

Post by cdubya38 »

Rifle season here doesn't open for another month+ so I'm anxiously waiting.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

Bagged a doe last friday and here is some of the meat marinating before going in the oven to make jerky.
Image[/url]

Headshot by a 7,400# black suv traveling 70 mph and wearing the plate number "300BLK".
I call that a successful subsonic blackout kill! 8)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

certifiable wrote:headshot by a 7,400# black suv traveling 70 mph and wearing the plate number "300BLK".
I call that a successful subsonic blackout kill! 8)
thats one expensive subsonic projectile, the one i used has the badge S10 on it .... so i feel your pain :/
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Jay66

Post by Jay66 »

Did the same thing six months after buying my first(and only) brand new truck. Rolled a spike buck from the drivers side headlight all the way down to the taillight. Dented in the whole side of my truck. :x
Jay
Bultx1215
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Bultx1215 »

cmcleod wrote:
jcs152112 wrote:November can't come quick enough for me! Rifle season starts in Texas the first weekend in November. Have been feeding the same area for 9 years and have some really nice whitetails on camera. Hopefully one will be around opening weekend, because when that first shot is fired you don't see the big bucks again until they are looking for some stray hot doe. Had one picture with 7 bucks in it. Lots of HOGS!!! we can't kill enough of them. My grandson shot one Monday morning that tipped my 350# scales out. Big sticking boar. Coyote food!! Good Luck everyone!!
Where are you hunting at? I'm hunting outside of Boerne and also have a buddy with a ranch in south Texas. Going to miss opening weekend, but have four days set aside the following weekend for the wife to get her first kill (with a Ruger in 300blk of course!).

Hopefully this is the year of the suppressed subsonic kill for me. Stamp is 3-5 weeks out at my best estimate.

Good luck to you!

You are hunting just down the road from me. I'm in Bulverde, but hunt on the north side of SA.

-Chris
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Jay66 wrote:Did the same thing six months after buying my first(and only) brand new truck. Rolled a spike buck from the drivers side headlight all the way down to the taillight. Dented in the whole side of my truck. :x
Jay

ive gotten two now.

one was a small doe that i smeared at 70+mph with my '94 jimmy. I was in the left lane on the highway and as i came out from under an overpass, she jumped the center divider and landed right in front of me. thankfully she skidded out and i pretty much drove right over her, although she fubar'ed pretty much everything from the A pillar forward, body panel wise. There was no way to avoid her so instead of hitting the brakes and risking her coming up the hood i just put my foot back on the accelerator and held on for the ride. dude behind me probably had to clean his shorts when that bag of hamburger spit out the rear of my truck and my tail lights never came on. Thankfully he was far enough back to not drive over it himself, or lose control of his vehicle when scooting around it. I bet the pucker factor was pretty high and he was farting seat cushion foam peices for a few hours afterward though :shock: :mrgreen:

the recent one was just a few weeks ago. had slowed way down for a doe, and just as i hit the gas pedal again, here explodes the buck out of the brush lagging way behind her (she was already across in the other brush). Just tapped him hard enough to crack some plastic and move the bumper ½". I'm sure i killed his mood pretty well - but otherwise it looked like he was fine - poor guy :lol: he was a pretty nice buck - healthy 6 pointer or a mid sized 8 type of deer.

real downer, i had just spent the last hour+ adjusting the headlights too and had them nicely dialed on for the first time since i owned it.

i'm just happy i lowered my deductible last year, so this one isnt quite as painful on the pocket.... at least in the short term.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.