Raccoon

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Re: Raccoon

Post by Walkers Bay »

There is no such as over kill.
Dead is good. Expoloded mess is dead and a chuckle.
Been killing a few possums with 110gr V Max. They just sort of explode into the atmosphere and the head and skin fallout of the tree.
However in the over kill subject I've been varminting with famil, we shot Hares with 22.250s and 223 Ackley improves 243s. Big scopes and long ranges with small game is a lit of fun.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Ive seen the videos on youtube of 260fps - forgive me, I think he is NZ - took me a while to realize that y'alls hares are like our groundhogs in the southern US, a damn pest. When they blow up I giggle as well.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

rebel wrote:Ive seen the videos on youtube of 260fps - forgive me, I think he is NZ - took me a while to realize that y'alls hares are like our groundhogs in the southern US, a damn pest. When they blow up I giggle as well.

Hare is a bit like a Jake rabbit size wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVAldFGliTk This guy? Pom, no foxes in NZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdOi55u7WCg This guy is a Kiwi, He. shooting in some of the ground we hunt on at times.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Thanks Walker, I never paid attention to where he's from. Most Americans are ignorant, hear an accent and classify. I used to be the same until you guys started posting here. NZ has a great hunting tradition.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Tacoblack

Post by Tacoblack »

I dumped 3 racoons last night using 208 grain amax loads. It put a decent hole but didn't tear them up much.