Stupid cats

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stupid cats

Post by rebel »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Here kitty kitty.
Nice, integral I assume?
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

rebel wrote:
Nice, integral I assume?
Thanks. Yes it's an integral, home built on a Form 1
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

tXr wrote:LOL,,,,up here in NY the ferals are protected, class "E" felony to harass, feed or kill. If you are infested up here(and the stinking flatlanders dump them off up here in the "wild") your only legal choice is to live capture and spay/neuter and then release back in the exact spot they were taking from, and ALL on your dime.
Annnnnnd THAT is one of the MANY reasons most of us don't live in NY. I was born and raised in Rochester and I tell people it was a great place to be FROM but not someplace to go TO. Just sayin
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
glocker17
Senior Silent Operator

Post by glocker17 »

If you have feral problems you can use the Sierra Club cure. Good old Tylenol will put a cat to sleep with little suffering. They just don't seem to wake up. It has been used to control populations in many areas.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

How much h110 do you put behind a 500 MG tablet. I assume you use a light lfc? 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rebel wrote:How much h110 do you put behind a 500 MG tablet. I assume you use a light lfc? 8)
That was my question. And is it possible to do one subsonic. 8)
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Rushthezeppelin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Rushthezeppelin »

gds wrote:Cats are evil. There is a reason witches use them as their familiars :shock: :mrgreen: :twisted:
...and that's probably one of the biggest reasons the black plague spread so virulently. They didn't have a way of controlling the rat population that was the biggest transmission vector for the plague. Not that I'm knocking you for taking care of a feral cat. Quite frankly Bob Barker's advice is not enough to control their population and I consider them to be nearly as bad as feral pigs. House cats on the other hand I'm a big sucker for, yet another reason I hate ferals...they kill people's house cats.
0uTkAsT
Silent Operator

Post by 0uTkAsT »

glocker17 wrote:If you have feral problems you can use the Sierra Club cure. Good old Tylenol will put a cat to sleep with little suffering. They just don't seem to wake up. It has been used to control populations in many areas.
I have tried this, maybe the ferals in my area are too smart for it. I mixed up a handful of crushed/powdered Tylenol in a few cans of cat food and left it out in piles around my property last year. There must've been 20+ hungry strays and feral cats in the immediate area at the time so I'm not sure if they knew something was up or could smell the drug or what but none of those starving bastards ever took a single bite of the loaded cat food. Imagine my dismay when I had to go clean that shit up all around the house after it sat getting rancid for a week...

Cats: 1, Me: 0 (that day anyways, I've run more of them over than I care to remember)
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

0uTkAsT wrote:
glocker17 wrote:If you have feral problems you can use the Sierra Club cure. Good old Tylenol will put a cat to sleep with little suffering. They just don't seem to wake up. It has been used to control populations in many areas.
I have tried this, maybe the ferals in my area are too smart for it. I mixed up a handful of crushed/powdered Tylenol in a few cans of cat food and left it out in piles around my property last year. There must've been 20+ hungry strays and feral cats in the immediate area at the time so I'm not sure if they knew something was up or could smell the drug or what but none of those starving bastards ever took a single bite of the loaded cat food. Imagine my dismay when I had to go clean that shit up all around the house after it sat getting rancid for a week...

Cats: 1, Me: 0 (that day anyways, I've run more of them over than I care to remember)
They can smell the toxins, stop by the vets and get a pkg of Greenie pill pockets, and simply place half a Tylenol in each pill pocket and then place them out where the ferals will find the treats, you are going to have to go after one feral at a time and not the entire population. My personal favorite solution is a 29gr .25cal polymag from my Condor SS at 4am.(disclaimer: I would never shoot them it is illegal, just that shooting would be best..... :roll: )
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
0uTkAsT
Silent Operator

Post by 0uTkAsT »

tXr wrote:
0uTkAsT wrote:

They can smell the toxins, stop by the vets and get a pkg of Greenie pill pockets, and simply place half a Tylenol in each pill pocket and then place them out where the ferals will find the treats, you are going to have to go after one feral at a time and not the entire population. My personal favorite solution is a 29gr .25cal polymag from my Condor SS at 4am.(disclaimer: I would never shoot them it is illegal, just that shooting would be best..... :roll: )
Thanks, I'll try that. I wish you could just blast 'em, would be way easier/more fun, but I live in town so that's a major no-go.