Black tip massacre

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ToyotaGuru

Black tip massacre

Post by ToyotaGuru »

After a 2 weeks of hunting and only seeing deer on the wrong side of the fence, to dense of brush for a clean shot, not enough points :cry: I finally got a break. Five showed up just a dusk, laser ranged them to 102-106 yards, steadied the nerves and it was all over in less than 10 seconds 8). I shot 3 could have had a fourth but only had 3 tags. All 3 were dead with in 50ft of where they were shot, bullets all went through so none were recovered. There was some nice blood splatter from the exits on two of them.
Gun is 9.2 AAC barrel with liberty mystic suppressor, and yes we hang them in Missouri from the neighbors swing set to make sure they are dead.
This one hit a little low deflected off the rib, grazed the bottom of the heart and blew out the sternum, very impressive damage.
Entrance on another on.
Exit wound
Third exit wound
All three hit the heart, one completely exploded the heart. I love this gun
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Black tip massacre

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Congrats man! Glad to see you had a good day of hunting. Nothing like going from no luck to a boon of meat for the freezer :)
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I think AAC barrels are 9.000 inches.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

nice shooting
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

How did the deer react to suppressed supers? Just curious.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
ToyotaGuru

Post by ToyotaGuru »

The deer reacted better than hope for. I shot the first one and the others just looked at it like what is wrong with you. Shot the second and they all went on alert and scanning for a threat direction. Third shot the started to walk off in different directions, they couldn't place a threat location. I watched the last two just walk off into the tree line.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Cool 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

nice shooting.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Nice!

I have been trying to fill the doe tags myself, seen a few yesterday but they were all the way down in the basin, and there isn't a chance in heck that I would shoot one down there and drag it up a 50 degree slope, when the deer get shot they make a bee-line downhill
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
jjbs58

Post by jjbs58 »

Absolutely magnificent! What a fregging killer! (The bullet that is,.. but you too dude! 8) Nice shootin!
"...everything I shoot with this little 125gr. ballistic tip gem - drops, -DRT..." :mrgreen: