Recommendation for a goot hunting scope for my 300 BLK

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Coyotekiller1
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Recommendation for a goot hunting scope for my 300 BLK

Post by Coyotekiller1 »

Just a little update, I've actually changed my 3-9x50 Nikon out for a 3x32 nikon on the 300 AAC AR that I have built. It fits the round really well and have a BDC carbine reticle which is easy to use also. Got it setup to zero at 50 yards and it does great. Nice turrets too allow for range adjustment on the fly.
"Pig Hammer"
CMMG 16" WASP 1-7
Surplus Ammo upper
BCM BCG w/ JP bolt kit
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
Troy Claymore brake
YHM FF tubular forend
P-series mount
Nikon P-223 3x32
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Leupold Mark Ar- firedot illum. dot and mil hash reticule. Not BLK. specific but enuf crosshairs to figure out your load.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bman940

Post by bman940 »

I've been running a P-223 3X Carbine scope on my LMT 5.56 for competitions and I thinkit does one heck of a job. No reasonit won't do the job for your BO as well. Utilizing Spot On gives you added flexibility too.

Here's a pic of my son using the P-223 3X at a match, just starting to engage targets.
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... C_0217.jpg

I used a M-223 2-8 on my 300 BO until I couldget my hands on a P-300BLK scope. It has been through the wringer with me and my buddies.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... onpblk.jpg
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff
Undimo

Post by Undimo »

I apologize for bump an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.

IME 300 BO is a great round for hunting out to about 200 yards. Anything beyond that is really outside its envelope.

I have the P-300 https://thetacticalscopes.com/best-optic-for-tavor/ I've only shot with it once or twice. It has separate BDC holds for Subs and Supers. I haven't full wrung it out but the BDC only matches up with certain loads.

Primary arms make. 1-6x illuminated scope with a 7.62x39 / 300 BO BDC reticle in your price range. I will likely swap my Nikon for one, if only for the illumination,

4-14x is a lot of scope for a 300 BO but if you want one I would go with the mil-dot version. The 308 BDC will not match 300 BO.

7.62x39 and 300 BO usually utilize the same BDC.

My co-worker has a PA 4-14x on his AR-10 and it seems to be a great optic for the money.
Hope it Helps. Good Luck
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

For pistols, there is a good case to look long hard at the Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20. They are available for under $200.

Everyone likes them.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-sc ... m-1-5-4x20
Prada

Post by Prada »

Currently i'm testing a new Vortex PST 2.5-10x32FFP and it happened to be sitting on my 300Blackout. I am finding this scope to be a damn near perfect fit for the Blackout. It has a good magnification range for the cartridge.
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

The vortex razor hunter scopes have excellent glass quality.
Like my 3x15 with the floating dot reticle.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Looks like a lot of people preferring lower powered magnification.

which is fantastic, because 16x and 20x and 24x is just stupid on the blk, especially with subs.

I'm using a 1.5-4x bushnell shotgun scope. circle x reticle ???? Or something like that. Price usually hovers at or just under $100. Can find them used on ebay for around $60'ish.

I've been using low powered optics on everything from crossbows to rimfire to hi power anymore these days.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Prada

Post by Prada »

I use a Vortex Viper pst 1-4 on my 8" 300 blk, I like it because it has hash marks every 2 moa so once I got my dope of supers subs I can shoot anything at any distance.
Last edited by Prada on Wed May 15, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

Since the thread was already raised from the dead I'll throw in my observationn on the Nikon option. I have one of the 2-7 300 specific scopes and i would never buy one again. The quick turrets are constantly getting knocked out of adjustment during transport and I lost one of the adjustment screws that holds the turret on. You can't buy the replacement screw (which is proprietary) so for a $3 part you are in for a multi month ordeal replacing the whole scope under warranty. The are lots better options out there for the same money.