Right2Bear Ammo?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ksmedman

Right2Bear Ammo?

Post by ksmedman »

Howdy, new to the forum and to the 300 BLK.

I'm about to finish my first 300BLK build (10.2 Noveske barrel, rest is mostly Spikes) and was looking at ammo choices.
I went with a shorter barrel and am looking to suppress it in the near future, but that's not for deer season this year.

Has anyone used the 110gr V-Max from "Right2Bear" ammo for whitetail?
If it's not GTG, what are people using in shorter barrels?
Ive used plenty of 95gr Nosler tip 243's on KS deer. I may lose a little velocity in a 10" vs 16" barrel, but where I'm hunting I don't have anything over a 200 yard shot, most are 70-110.

Thanks for looking, and your input is appreciated.
civilian75
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Right2Bear Ammo?

Post by civilian75 »

Take the time to browse around.There is tons of load/bullet/etc & factory ammo information in the ammunition forums.
Klondike

Post by Klondike »

Right to Bear makes good ammo but I think you may want an expanding bullet (the 150 JSP, 125 gr Nosler or 110 Barnes) instead of a varmit bullet that fragments.
boonee

Post by boonee »

I have taken a small (150 lb.) piggie with their 110 V-Max ammo 80 yds. DRT at our vel. the projectile held together and didnt exit. Hit right behind the ear. But I like my Rem core loc 125 the best. I am working on a sub-sonic load for my SBR (9.25) with my 247 grain lead loads. Got it grouping out of my 16" and will start with that load. Paperwork due anytime, I'm "visiting" my SBR at our range!
ON Target Tactical Supply 07 FFL/SOT
www.ontargettacticalsupply.com
Magpul, VooDoo Tactical, EOTech in stock!
Coming soon: www.OTTSTAC.com