Help on finding a Hog Hunt

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Diceman

Help on finding a Hog Hunt

Post by Diceman »

Anyone have some suggestions on a good place to hog hunt? I'd like to plan a hunting trip, and am trying to find a good place to go, and make some contacts. Is there a better time of year to go. or is it always hog time? Anyone's input would be much appreciated. I was thinking somewhere in NW Texas, as I'd be driving down from Washington.
hansonw

Re: Help on finding a Hog Hunt

Post by hansonw »

Type in hog hunt on eBay. Texas would probably be your best bet for commercial hog hunts. But there are tons of other places.
Diceman

Post by Diceman »

Thanks I never thought of looking on ebay.
TexasPigHunter

Post by TexasPigHunter »

I grew up in this area and my dad's ranch in that area is lousy with pigs ... If I had enought time to even go myself I would take you..

But try this place, it is near where i grew up and I know there are lots of pigs to kill...

http://www.buckercreek.com/lodge.htm
ConnRadd

Post by ConnRadd »

Diceman wrote:Anyone have some suggestions on a good place to hog hunt? I'd like to plan a hunting trip, and am trying to find a good place to go, and make some contacts. Is there a better time of year to go. or is it always hog time? Anyone's input would be much appreciated. I was thinking somewhere in NW Texas, as I'd be driving down from Washington.
Here's an option to consider, Night Vision Hog Hunt.
WWW.NIGHTHOGS.COM

I have yet done a night vision hunt, but would like to. I'm just afraid that I would enjoy it to much and end up spending $5k on a NV scope...

Good Luck!
Diceman

Post by Diceman »

Yah I think the NV hunt would put me over the edge and I'd be shelling out money for a NV system as well.
Thanks for the info!
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

then don't go on a thermal hog hunt either .. if you think NV is cool .. thermal blows it away!

http://www.jagerpro.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales