Just returned from TX hog hunt

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Re: Just returned from TX hog hunt

Post by nolwark76 »

Where is your VRL-1 light made? I couldn't tell, is it availible in white light as well? What kind of batteries are those? They look like AA but it didn't seem from the description that they were.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

The light is made in China that was the only way i could keep the cost down otherwise it would be a $300.00-450.00 package... It is available in Green to start and once i get more lights i will also be offering replacement modules in white and red that will simply just screw in and should cost around $15.00 ea + S&H. The batteries it uses are 18650 2600mah and it will also run off 2 123 batteries if for some reason the batteries don't get charged before a hunting trip. If you check the link above the picture of the back of the box has a list of all parts that come with it... I want to redirect to this other thread because i don't want to hi jack this thread so please post all communication there..

viewtopic.php?f=177&t=78782

Thanks
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

My theory is that the reason why red is thought to spook less, and to not ruin human night vision, is simply because it is harder to see.

I believe if one took a green or white light, and made it the same apparent brightness as a red light, it would also not ruin human night vision and would also not spook game.

So, that being said, the goal to not spook game would be the dimmest light possible. Of course no one wants that. If the goal is the brightest light possible, might as well use white or green.

As for what I would pick - probably green as I think it will be the most bright just like it is for lasers.
BWSmith
Silent Operator

Post by BWSmith »

The reason that you use red for Coyotes is that they see green just like they see white whereas red doesn't seem to affect them as much. Either way, you keep them in the halo. Hogs don't seem to be affected by green from what i have read.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I have used the green light on hog hunting at night and it seems they don’t care until they see their friend explode :lol: I will be offering modules in different colors once this project gets going.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

Bull

Post by Bull »

Robert,
Speaking of hog hunting...how did the heli hunt go? maybe I missed it if you already posted on the subject, would love to hear how that went down.
Bull
FFL Dealer/ SOT

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog."
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

Bull wrote:Robert,
Speaking of hog hunting...how did the heli hunt go? maybe I missed it if you already posted on the subject, would love to hear how that went down.
Bull
Next time you want to come down and do some pig hunting let me know...
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

BWSmith
Silent Operator

Post by BWSmith »

What about the rest of us? I get to Austin on business every once in a while :mrgreen:
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I have a great place to refer people to check the link below...

http://dbhuntingranch.net/index.html
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

Bull

Post by Bull »

Hang on, I don't even think Robert likes hunting hogs, he was just forced to do it for scientific research. Now I on the other hand happen to really enjoy hog hunting, and at this time I must take Brad's last invitation (not the one to the hunting club) but the implied "Hey, you need to come hunting with me on my own private reserve of hog hunting paradise" as being directed to me personally......I think I am not wrong in presuming this notion. Besides I am a great guy, lots of fun to be around, I'll pay the gas and beer.....Brad?
FFL Dealer/ SOT

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog."