Got her!!!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ollie

Got her!!!!

Post by ollie »

Woke up this morning to warm temps 45 and windy. Not the best for deer but got my lazy but out of bed and at the farm 45min before first light. As the woods started to wake up a skunk walked by and i didnt want my first kill with the new gun to be a skunk so i let him keep walking. Deer didnt seem to be moving as i think the wind kept them bedded down. At 10:00 decided to go get a coffee, as i was walking out i spyed 2 doe bedded up on a rise. I had the crosshairs on her head and poof. I had to look at the gun to see that it realy went off. Looked up and saw her laying there with a hole right between her eyes.

Finished fitting the barrel,aac blk, to my action on thursday night loaded 20 rounds and sighted it in friday after work and killed a doe saturday morning. 11 rounds down the barrel, 10 to sight it in a 1 to smack a doe.

Pulled 220gr smk 223 reformed brass and 9.7gr H110. During sight in nickel sized groups.

I would love to post a pic but my computer wont let me. If someone would do it for me i would appriciate it just need a cell number or email.

Ollie
Schneeky
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Got her!!!!

Post by Schneeky »

Done deal, Mr Ollie.. Nice kill.!! d:^) Schneeks..

Outside the wire it's just us chickens, dig?
BradV
Silent Operator

Post by BradV »

Good Shooting! How far was she?
ollie

Post by ollie »

Only about 65yds.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

ollie wrote:Woke up this morning to warm temps 45 and windy. Not the best for deer but got my lazy but out of bed and at the farm 45min before first light. As the woods started to wake up a skunk walked by and i didnt want my first kill with the new gun to be a skunk so i let him keep walking. Deer didnt seem to be moving as i think the wind kept them bedded down. At 10:00 decided to go get a coffee, as i was walking out i spyed 2 doe bedded up on a rise. I had the crosshairs on her head and poof. I had to look at the gun to see that it realy went off. Looked up and saw her laying there with a hole right between her eyes.

Finished fitting the barrel,aac blk, to my action on thursday night loaded 20 rounds and sighted it in friday after work and killed a doe saturday morning. 11 rounds down the barrel, 10 to sight it in a 1 to smack a doe.

Pulled 220gr smk 223 reformed brass and 9.7gr H110. During sight in nickel sized groups.

I would love to post a pic but my computer wont let me. If someone would do it for me i would appriciate it just need a cell number or email.

Ollie
Does this cycle the action? Nice shot by the way.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
ollie

Post by ollie »

Its a bolt gun.
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

You gotta post a couple pics of your rig and fill us in on the details. I love the stock choice. Who makes it?
Schneeky
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Schneeky »

Here's a pic of Ollie's rifle extracted from the original above.. d:^) Schneeks..

Outside the wire it's just us chickens, dig?
ollie

Post by ollie »

Thanks for posting the pics.
The gun is a rem 700 with a aac barrel that I bought from gambler on this site. Stock is from Stockys stocks.
USO base with warren rings and a nikon 4.5x14.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

The rifle looks awesome.