Atlanta Arms 125gr nosler green tip test on TX hogs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

JohnInNH
Elite Member

Re: Atlanta Arms 125gr nosler green tip test on TX hogs

Post by JohnInNH »

2bad4u2 wrote:
firedavis wrote:Big boars we let lay. All others we make sausage/eat but you can only butcher so many before we just drag them off. Farmer wants them all killed and I don't mind pulling the trigger.
Please, excuse the ignorance when I ask you this but why do you let the big ones alone?
Taste bad? To much trouble to move the big ass ones? I bet they stink after a bit eeeuuuuuu Bloated gas bags of rotting piggie stench. Maybe yotes get em? Making for a more target rich environment?
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

JohnInNH wrote:
2bad4u2 wrote:
firedavis wrote:Big boars we let lay.
Please, excuse the ignorance when I ask you this but why do you let the big ones alone?
Taste bad?
#1 reason
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Taste...

LOL.. I was 99% sure of that..

On another forum a guy who will remain anonymous (a fireman) who has a friend who nicely will Relocate "adopt" Small pet piggies when owners no longer want to, or can no longer keep, their darling pot belly pet pigs. His "Rescue" .org gets about 2 a week which promptly get cooked and served at the station Yumm yum yummie! Tender people food fed healthy mouth watering morsels of tastie goodness. Now that's a slick way to save on your grocery bill!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

For the record, they haven't done that in years. I don't know if any one knows much about Eugene, OR except that they are where the ROSE BOWL CHAMPION DUCKS are from. The liberal hippies that have now fully infiltrated the city government would freak if they found out about those pot belly pigs. I was hired in 2003 and they stopped prior to my arrival.

That doesn't stop them from bringing in other interesting forms of meat though, we probably just don't know about it.
hansonw

Post by hansonw »

JohnInNH wrote:
hansonw wrote:Nice work man!

How much did that piglet weigh in your avatar? Wow...
Got a few different numbers from a few different scales. Lowest was 380 highest 440. I just say 400 I have caught big ones and seen bigger but he was an honest 400
Krisw

Post by Krisw »

JohnInNH wrote:
2bad4u2 wrote:
firedavis wrote:Big boars we let lay. All others we make sausage/eat but you can only butcher so many before we just drag them off. Farmer wants them all killed and I don't mind pulling the trigger.
Taste bad? To much trouble to move the big ass ones? I bet they stink after a bit eeeuuuuuu Bloated gas bags of rotting piggie stench. Maybe yotes get em? Making for a more target rich environment?
You can eat a big one. Most people just believe you cant because they are inedible. So they dont. They are a pain in the ass to mess with too. And yea they smell.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

You can eat a big one. Most people just believe you cant because they are inedible. So they dont. They are a pain in the ass to mess with too. And yea they smell.
well you can eat coons, possum and armadillos too...

a friend of mine killed this one (see pic)... and butchered it to take home ... I warned him not to.. he did it anyway ..
the meet was so gross , not only he could not eat it , even his dog wouldn't eat it ... it was musky and stinky..
definitely no good... we do have people down here that catch boars alive and castrate them ... that seems to make the meet better after they get grain fed for a while ... But wild ones .. I would not go much past 150lbs on a boar

-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales