Finally went suppressed.....and the hogs don't like it!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hogcaller
Silent Operator

Re: Finally went suppressed.....and the hogs don't like it!

Post by hogcaller »

warthog97 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:48 pm Great post! Thanks for the info on the VLD, I would have assumed that the thinner jackets would have deformed/mushroomed more. As always, shot placement and penetration seems to win the day!

Just curious, why did you settle on a supersonic load with that bullet weight? I'm not suggesting you go and mess with success mind you, it just strikes me as interesting that you didn't keep it subsonic.
This load was the minimum I could get reliable cycling with both subs and supers, as I don’t have an adjustable gas block....yet. 😉
"Sometimes you just gotta hunker down and take it like a jackass in a hail storm!"----Lyndon B. Johnson
warthog97
Silent Operator

Re: Finally went suppressed.....and the hogs don't like it!

Post by warthog97 »

hogcaller wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:31 am
warthog97 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:48 pm Great post! Thanks for the info on the VLD, I would have assumed that the thinner jackets would have deformed/mushroomed more. As always, shot placement and penetration seems to win the day!

Just curious, why did you settle on a supersonic load with that bullet weight? I'm not suggesting you go and mess with success mind you, it just strikes me as interesting that you didn't keep it subsonic.
This load was the minimum I could get reliable cycling with both subs and supers, as I don’t have an adjustable gas block....yet. 😉
Ah, makes sense!