Poaching

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Poaching

Post by rebel »

No less than 5 bucks within a mile of my house. No meat harvested, decapitated, 3 laid out within sight of the road. Game Wardens know all about it, bodies still pile up. Just sucks. Go work the lake guys, maybe you'll catch a NASCAR driver on his Scarab snorting coke off some chicks rear end :x

Makes me mad, really damn mad.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Poaching

Post by gds »

What a waste. If nothing else they could give the meat to a needy family or something.

I am all for getting that big rack. But give me the meat over horns any day of the week.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

If a person watches reality tv you would assume Game Wardens catch a lot of folks.

In your case I assume you reported these dead deer. Did LE come out and look or search for evidence, brass, truck tracks, boot tracks, etc? Did they call local meat packers to see if someone brought in meat without a tag or did they just take the head? I don't know if taxidermist have to show a tag. Odds are these people are local. A bit of worn shoe leather may turn something up.

Sounds like someone needs their butt kicked in gear or beef at the politicians to hire more people. Maybe the property owner can be inspired to put up posted signs. A camera or two might nab them too.

Being a game warden, I think, would be the scariest of all LE since the suspects may be legally armed.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

5 bucks Gary, 5. You of all people know the bucks per square mile in NC. How much time to recover from this assuming they stop, which they ain't gonna do. The wildlife boys don't really seem to give a sh&t.
The other weird thing I called them about was a customer that killed an ear tagged coyote. Big male. No one had an answer.
Last edited by rebel on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

noname wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:46 pm If a person watches reality tv you would assume Game Wardens catch a lot of folks.

In your case I assume you reported these dead deer. Did LE come out and look or search for evidence, brass, truck tracks, boot tracks, etc? Did they call local meat packers to see if someone brought in meat without a tag or did they just take the head? I don't know if taxidermist have to show a tag. Odds are these people are local. A bit of worn shoe leather may turn something up.

Sounds like someone needs their butt kicked in gear or beef at the politicians to hire more people. Maybe the property owner can be inspired to put up posted signs. A camera or two might nab them too.

Being a game warden, I think, would be the scariest of all LE since the suspects may be legally armed.
I didn't find them hardcase, someone else reported it. All enforcement staff knew of it but no investigative details were given.
edit to add - I know where most of NCWRC focus is in this area. Not out here I assure you.
alleycat72

Post by alleycat72 »

SC tags coyotes. Call them and tell them you have one.
www.1050fps.com
http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

alleycat72 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:03 am SC tags coyotes. Call them and tell them you have one.
I've heard that. May call them next week just to see.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

Nothing worse than a trophy poacher (or a team of them). Satan has a special place for them. Makes it hard for those of us doing it right to succeed in the future. And it appears these were not poor meat poachers trying to feed the family.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

That chaps my ass.

I could not care much less if someone shoots a deer in order to fulfill a need for his/her family. I know some families that have had to do that and I might have even helped one or two.

But to waste one of God’s animals solely to put a rack on a wall is a sin.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rebel wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 pm 5 bucks Gary, 5. You of all people know the bucks per square mile in NC. How much time to recover from this assuming they stop, which they ain't gonna do. The wildlife boys don't really seem to give a sh&t.
The other weird thing I called them about was a customer that killed an ear tagged coyote. Big male. No one had an answer.
I know man. I frankly am mystified about how the Wildlife Resource commision functions in NC. Like I have told you before, I have never even met anyone in my area that is part of the WRC.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying we need Gestapo like enforcement, like is found in some northern states. But some safety enforcement and especially bag limits within reason needs to be followed thru with to keep things on the up and up. Sadly in the case you are dealing with, not sure the WRC could even do anything. Unless someone had witnessed the incident and was willing to state as much. But then you are also hoping that someone in the WRC has the will and resources to follow thru. And if the culprit is a relative or friend. Well, lets just say i would not get the same type of treatment that they would.

As blogsarge said. A family in need, I could see a little leeway. Some trophy hunter with no regard for the sporting nature of hunting, pisses me off.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in