Any Speer Gold Dot 150 grain results on game?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hogcaller
Silent Operator

Any Speer Gold Dot 150 grain results on game?

Post by hogcaller »

Has anybody tried these on game yet? Results on paper looked good. I'm looking to try a cheaper alternative to SSTs on hogs.
"Sometimes you just gotta hunker down and take it like a jackass in a hail storm!"----Lyndon B. Johnson
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any Speer Gold Dot 150 grain results on game?

Post by tallburnedmidget »

hogcaller wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:10 pm Has anybody tried these on game yet? Results on paper looked good. I'm looking to try a cheaper alternative to SSTs on hogs.
Not I but I think some have in the 150gr Gold Dot thread. I think you might actually be on it already though. I am just going back a page or 2 on the "Unread" posts page to see if there is anything I have missed that I wouldn't mind chiming in on... trying to help out some of the 0 reply posts and questions :)
hogcaller
Silent Operator

Post by hogcaller »

tallburnedmidget wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:11 am
hogcaller wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:10 pm Has anybody tried these on game yet? Results on paper looked good. I'm looking to try a cheaper alternative to SSTs on hogs.
Not I but I think some have in the 150gr Gold Dot thread. I think you might actually be on it already though. I am just going back a page or 2 on the "Unread" posts page to see if there is anything I have missed that I wouldn't mind chiming in on... trying to help out some of the 0 reply posts and questions :)
Yeah, already on it. Decided to just see for myself, and I've gotta admit I'm extremely pleased with this bullet.
"Sometimes you just gotta hunker down and take it like a jackass in a hail storm!"----Lyndon B. Johnson
MtnT

Post by MtnT »

200y shot on an antelope

Amazing result, a lot of meat damage
MtnT

Post by MtnT »

Perfect a handload with this one and don’t look back

I have tried Barnes 120 ttsx & Nosler 125g

This is far superior