First kill with 300blk

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator

First kill with 300blk

Post by triggerman300 »

Large whitetail doe at 60 yds. CVA scout using 125gr SST. End of day in failing light,when I recovered from the fireball she was DRT and never moved again. Impressive! Found remains of bullet in off shoulder in hide when skinning. Perfect mushroom to the base weighing 57gr. If I could figure out how to post pix I would.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: First kill with 300blk

Post by John A. »

Congratulations.

I was looking forward to hunting this year, but the over-protected bears in southeast Kentucky have decimated the deer and turkey population and I was getting very few pictures on my trail camera, so I opted to not deer hunt this year.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
bwframe

Post by bwframe »

triggerman300 wrote:Large whitetail doe at 60 yds. CVA scout using 125gr SST. End of day in failing light,when I recovered from the fireball she was DRT and never moved again. Impressive! Found remains of bullet in off shoulder in hide when skinning. Perfect mushroom to the base weighing 57gr. If I could figure out how to post pix I would.
Congratulations!

He he, "when I recovered from the fireball." :lol:
Last edited by bwframe on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firewalker41

Post by Firewalker41 »

Congratulations on your first blk out deer. I have found the mild manners of the blackout fit my hunting style. It is now my goto cartridge after 2 seasons. I wish you many more blk memories. :mrgreen:
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Congrats on the kill! When you say "recovered from the fire ball" did you have too much to drink or does the scout bark that bad? :lol:

All photos have to be hosted an third party hosting site ie. Imgur or similar to be posted to the forum.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

congrats.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator

Post by triggerman300 »

I only had about 4 mins of legal shooting light left,hence the fireball out of the 16" barrel.