Post by bangbangping »

Firewalker41 wrote: [pic]
This is entrance 115 gr CC
Wow. Those would be fun on grackles.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: 2018 Hunting results

Post by rebel »

bangbangping wrote:Subsonic skunk pig poked at 60 yards with one of my cast bullets. It's always amazing how loud the THWACK is compared to the shot.

Exit wound. Tumbled, maybe?

For those who are not familiar with javelina, their delightful aroma comes from this thing, located on top of the back in front of the hips.
This nasty looking thing tastes pretty damn good as jerky! Thanks Bang. I'll pay that back sir!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

damn I wish I could post pictures.
Thursday evening I shot a 130 lb boar hog. FRriday evening I shot a 170 lb boar hog. both were dropped in their tracks by a 125 gr. SST to the brain.
peace through superior firepower
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

blaster wrote:damn I wish I could post pictures.
Thursday evening I shot a 130 lb boar hog. FRriday evening I shot a 170 lb boar hog. both were dropped in their tracks by a 125 gr. SST to the brain.
Without pics, you didn't shoot anything. :P

Go here: http://tinypic.com/ Click the upload button, upload you pic, copy the link that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it here.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

bangbangping wrote: Go here: http://tinypic.com/ Click the upload button, upload you pic, copy the link that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it here.
Either do like DingDongPang said or use Imgur.com like the rest of us do.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

I have tried Tiny Pics before and couldn't get it to work. I just registered with Imuger and put some pics on it but can't figure out how to share them to this site. help a computer illiterate old fart. what do I do next?
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

blaster wrote:I have tried Tiny Pics before and couldn't get it to work. I just registered with Imuger and put some pics on it but can't figure out how to share them to this site. help a computer illiterate old fart. what do I do next?
Here ya go...
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

thanks bangbangping!
the 125 lb sow in the first picture was a quick off hand shot at about 30 yds. (I was walking in to my ladder stand.) the bullet hit her a little too high for the heart but she still only ran about 25 yds before dying.the 125 gr. SST (2170 fps) clipped the left shoulder blade, went thru the ribs, turned the lungs to red mush and blew about a 1" hole out the ribs. I found the perfectly mushroomed bullet jacket stuck in the hide but no lead.

the 130 lb boar in the second picture was about 15 yds under my ladder, the bullet hit under the ear and he dropped in his tracks. when I got down to him he was still kicking so I whipped out "the executioner", my faithful CZ 82, and put 2 9mm Mak. bullets in his head. that calmed him down so I could drag him out.

the 170 lb boar in the last pic was about 30 yds from the ladder. he came in right before dark and was rooting in the swamp facing me. I watched him in the scope and put a bullet thru his neck just behind the skull. he dropped in his tracks. he was also still kicking and needed one shot from the executioner. when I saw how big that hog was, I regretted shooting him. that bastard liked to kill me dragging him a quarter mile out of the swamp! if I didn't need the meat so much and if he wasn't so close to the stand, I might have just left him for the buzzards.
any way, those are the last 3 hogs I have killed with that 300 BLK carbine.
Akgun&Ammo
Silent Operator

Post by Akgun&Ammo »

first blackout kill for me this fall.

two red deer, and two whitetail does.

all one shot kills.

Most impressive was last doe...

broadside at 40 yards, from where she was standing to woods - about 15 yards - NO BLOOD.
from woodline to where she lay - - - - - 18" wide and solid blood! 35 yards of a blood trail any blind person could foller easiely

used 110 GMX at super sonic, haven't had chance yet to load 194 ME's...
but, will have some for next year!

{unless I use the 110's again... :)} )

Chris