hog hunting with 135 ftx

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bjames
Silent Operator

hog hunting with 135 ftx

Post by bjames »

just got back from texas, most of the hogs i shot were with my Grendel, but took two at night with my blackout (it had my night vision on) using hornady 135 gr FTX bullets loaded with lil'gun running 2150fps MV, they where both at roughly at 50 to 60 yards, one was a head shot on an 80 to 100 lb hog and the other was a neck shot on a 50lb hog. bullet worked great on both.

very satisfied right now with this new bullet

-Bryan
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: hog hunting with 135 ftx

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Thanks for the report!

Any pics of the pork? :)
bjames
Silent Operator

Post by bjames »

tallburnedmidget wrote:Thanks for the report!

Any pics of the pork? :)
I don't have any after pics, but i do have video from my atn x-sight.
I'll pull it off and upload it to youtube when i get home later tonight.
bjames
Silent Operator

Post by bjames »

here's a clip from my scope, from the hog i shot at 60 yards. video shows the shot, the hog dropping, and it's legs trying to run, but it doesn't go anywhere.
https://youtu.be/Cjni_LNxkFE
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

bjames wrote:here's a clip from my scope, from the hog i shot at 60 yards. video shows the shot, the hog dropping, and it's legs trying to run, but it doesn't go anywhere.
https://youtu.be/Cjni_LNxkFE
I just watched the video, good work on dropping that pig!

Man if I had the freezer space I might go do some hog hunting with my cousin at his deer lease. My freezer is way too full at the moment, gotta work it down :)
ruger761

Post by ruger761 »

I’ve wondered how that bullet would do. I’ve had some loaded up for a bit now but have tested them out yet. Looks like it works very well. Thanks for posting the video.
bjames
Silent Operator

Post by bjames »

ruger761 wrote:I’ve wondered how that bullet would do. I’ve had some loaded up for a bit now but have tested them out yet. Looks like it works very well. Thanks for posting the video.
Thanks,

I was hoping to test them on a deer too this season, but no deer decided to volunteer by coming close to my blind. but will be the bullet i used next season.

I bought a couple of boxes when they came out, and ladder tested them with my gun, Right now this is my go to hunting round.