the wife shot her first deer ever .

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jwb47
Silent But Deadly

the wife shot her first deer ever .

Post by jwb47 »

So I bought 2 of those mossberg tactical 20 guage automatic shotguns , one for me and one for my wife and she decided this was the year she was going to learn to deer hunt . I made her practice every weekend and opening day at 7:30 am she took a little doe at about 40 yds and gut shot it , arghh .
I saw it draw up when she shot and I knew when I found the blood it was gut shot and I had a hard time making her wait a bit before we started tracking .
the end result was a 500 yd lesson in tracking and field craft but we did find her deer and the look on her face said it all I knew she was hooked at that point . The next day she wanted to go and set with me in a ground blind I had watching a scrape and like a dumbass I didnt see the little spikes and thought I was shooting another doe for the freezer and could hunt horns later damn if they were just barely long enough to take my antler permit . such is life the good thing was I had a quartering shot and was using barnes 110 grn ttsx and the bullet hit right where I aimed a little back on the rib cage passed through the lungs and exited the left front shoulder the deer run about 50 yds and was spraying blood like a fire hose . stevie wonder could of found it .
Now Im waiting on the alternate method season as I have an antlerless tag and the 300 blackout pistol will fill that bill .

my pathetic spiker

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: the wife shot her first deer ever .

Post by smustian »

Meat in the freezer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grats to the wife on her first. She will remember that for the rest of her life. Her shot placement will get better with less nerves. We have all been there.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

Congrats!

Been a good year for venison here too!

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

congratz to you both!

gotta love some vealison!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.