Had to talk to the neighbors

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Re: Had to talk to the neighbors

Post by DutchV »

If you don't own a suppressor, perhaps a friend does, and can help out a bit?

I like dogs, but there's limits.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

We used to have a feral dog problem. We're far enough away from a declining rural county seat to be considered a dump point rather than having to pay to surrender to the shelter in town I try to support when possible.

It sucks when you've gotta pull the trigger, but some problems don't solve themselves. If they loved their animals, they'd keep them safe and under close supervision or at least out hunting WITH you.

When you hear yotes howling at night and you try calling them in but only get strays, you know there's something wrong. :evil:
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

DutchV wrote:If you don't own a suppressor, perhaps a friend does, and can help out a bit?

I like dogs, but there's limits.
I do and it was used.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

My dad has previously extolled the value of the three 'S's. Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up...
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

rebel wrote:...... The fact that I had a nine mm drawn on the front porch to make sure I wasn't attacked when the boyfriend answered the door should tell you something. His first statement was, and I quote -" Someone needs to shoot that SOB. "
Was he referring to the dog or you?

Sorry you were forced to resort to plan B; I've been there, and it sucks.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

ncorry wrote:
rebel wrote:...... The fact that I had a nine mm drawn on the front porch to make sure I wasn't attacked when the boyfriend answered the door should tell you something. His first statement was, and I quote -" Someone needs to shoot that SOB. "
Was he referring to the dog or you?

Sorry you were forced to resort to plan B; I've been there, and it sucks.
Ummm, I had a gun drawn pointing at the dog on his front porch as to what I considered a serious but friendly social visit, the dog cornered me - he was talking about the dog. Referring to me would have meant I would have left that porch, dog alive or dead, and gone back to the house and carried on with my business. They did nothing and I carried on with my business. I will not be threatened - figured you knew that. In any case, don't really want to relive that so let's just drop it.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
excess650
Silent But Deadly

Post by excess650 »

I've seen too many dogs on my cameras in Virginia, and the closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. Some of these photos and videos are of chasing deer, and none of the dogs are wearing collars. As of yet, this hasn't happened while I was hunting. My feeling is that if they aren't wearing collars, they will be treated as feral and handled like a coyote.
Black Rifles Matter