New hunting loaded ammo. Discreet Ballistics

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

New hunting loaded ammo. Discreet Ballistics

Post by dellet »

Just trying to bring some attention to some loaded ammo.

All I know is what popped up on the forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=101259

The thing is, we cry for industry support, then ignore it when it tries to get a toe hold in the market.

Hornady and Nolser have both come out with sub-sonic loads this year and everyone is wondering if they will work. These seem to have a much better possibility looking at the pic.

No dog in the fight, just hoping folks will give someone an honest try that wants to support the cartridge.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: New hunting loaded ammo. Discreet Ballistics

Post by BlogSarge »

All they do is subsonic ammo, so I have to think that they are doing it well. I think I might order a few boxes to try for quiet hunting and defense ammo.

I work in a small rural city PD and we get a fair amount of car-deer crashes. Loads ike these (or Lehigh or Outlaw) might be the perfect thing for putting injured deer down without offending the neighbors.

I agree with dellet that we should support companies that are forging ahead with ammo for the 300blk.
Max_Spansion

Post by Max_Spansion »

BlogSarge wrote:All they do is subsonic ammo, so I have to think that they are doing it well. I think I might order a few boxes to try for quiet hunting and defense ammo.

I work in a small rural city PD and we get a fair amount of car-deer crashes. Loads ike these (or Lehigh or Outlaw) might be the perfect thing for putting injured deer down without offending the neighbors.

I agree with dellet that we should support companies that are forging ahead with ammo for the 300blk.
These will definitely do the trick. We offer law enforcement discounts as well. You can PM me for more details.
Dafeist

Post by Dafeist »

I really want to support folks in the industry but I have a hard time justifying $13 to ship 20 bullets...for me it's the principle of the thing. Charge me what the ammo costs and charge me for what the shipping costs but don't lower one and jack up the other. But maybe it's just that I don't understand commercial shipping challenges...
Max_Spansion

Post by Max_Spansion »

Dafeist wrote:I really want to support folks in the industry but I have a hard time justifying $13 to ship 20 bullets...for me it's the principle of the thing. Charge me what the ammo costs and charge me for what the shipping costs but don't lower one and jack up the other. But maybe it's just that I don't understand commercial shipping challenges...
I just checked and the dimension information of the sleeve was put in incorrectly. It's been updated and it will now default to the smaller 8x4x4 mailer box we ship with. This should save you $2-3 on shipping depending on your location. We pass on the rates that we've negotiated with UPS to our customers. Chalk it up to growing pains!
Dafeist

Post by Dafeist »

Max_Spansion wrote:
Dafeist wrote:I really want to support folks in the industry but I have a hard time justifying $13 to ship 20 bullets...for me it's the principle of the thing. Charge me what the ammo costs and charge me for what the shipping costs but don't lower one and jack up the other. But maybe it's just that I don't understand commercial shipping challenges...
I just checked and the dimension information of the sleeve was put in incorrectly. It's been updated and it will now default to the smaller 8x4x4 mailer box we ship with. This should save you $2-3 on shipping depending on your location. We pass on the rates that we've negotiated with UPS to our customers. Chalk it up to growing pains!
I truly appreciate you listening and checking up. :). Unfortunately still showing the same shipping charges.
Max_Spansion

Post by Max_Spansion »

Dafeist wrote:
Max_Spansion wrote:
I truly appreciate you listening and checking up. :). Unfortunately still showing the same shipping charges.
PM me your email address and I provide a discount code. We need to get this load out in the wild so we're not going to let UPS charges get in the way!
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

Dam they look good.
Wonder if they'd stop a red deer.
Do you have any idea when you might be releasing projectiles for public sale. Be keen to try some on a venipest or 2
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

If these are just bullets, not loaded ammo, you can use the USPS "if it fits, it ships" box. I get a lot of sideways looks from my postman about what the heck is in that small box to be so heavy but they deal with it.
Max_Spansion

Post by Max_Spansion »

Walkers Bay wrote:Dam they look good.
Wonder if they'd stop a red deer.
Do you have any idea when you might be releasing projectiles for public sale. Be keen to try some on a venipest or 2
We're just taking orders for the loaded ammunition for now. We'll likely be releasing the bullet some time in the future