Nutnfancy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Re: Nutnfancy

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Y'all get a good number of "half backs" over your way don't ya rebel?

It took a couple hours but I was able to make it through his video end to end. Although he dismisses the 300 blackout "loyalist" information, he seems to just jump straight onto the anti blackout groups way of thinking. I don't think there are many owners who consider the round to be a long range caliber so I have no issue with him discussing the shortcomings at 750m. His round choice, albeit he is anti handloading, is weak at best. His 400yd test that was hit or miss would have been much more effective with a 100-125gn bullet. Seeing what some of our members can do at 200-300yds with subs pretty much negates that argument. Running his test with a middle of the road round instead of one that excels at super velocities was a poor choice.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

That dude is SOOOO long winded. I don't have that kind of time. Still I'd rather deal with him and his free to me reviews than buy a magazine with fake reviews in it. At least he tries.

R
pd_3307
Senior Silent Operator

Post by pd_3307 »

I guess to be fair to him, i noticed he said this in the description "In the end you might find 300 Blackout is good as what is set out to do: be a short to medium range cartridge that suppresses nicely." But really he failed to give it the credit for how awesome it can be suppressed. I think at least half of what makes it so enjoyable is reloading for it. Which wasnt done or even used any reloads for the review. Ive seen 10 minute articles give way more info on the blackout.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

id be curious as to how often he takes any of his other guns into the field with Fiocchi blaster grade ammo .... to do real world accuracy and caliber evaluations.

i dont watch his channel enough to know if he does or not, but i doubt he's doing 400 yd accuracy tests with his 223's with (relatively speaking) shit ammo. in the video he talks up the 77's and 75s though.

also... he he mentions the AK video, but he's using hornady steel case 123gr SST's for that. yet he picks 150 gr fiocchi for his 300 blk test. i guess if that's whats available thats what you use... but still GIGO applies.

he does make a lot of valid points with it, but in this i feel his stance is a bit... off kilter and could have been a little better represented with better ammo on the table.

ohh well. life goes on. and compared to what some of the hateraid drinkers spew about the caliber, his review was relatively tame.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I think everywhere I have seen that guy discussed, the consensus seems to be that he's a bit of a tool.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

He always came across to me as a poser, wannabe that was full of him self.

I like sootch00 and twangnbang guys better.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
FOB
Silent But Deadly

Post by FOB »

steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

To me there was no valid points in the video. He talks about 750m and nobody is trying to use it for that. Then compares it to 2 other calibers that are not for that either. He uses 150gr ammo the entire time and we all know that isnt optimal at all for any use. He does put out good info sometimes on certain things, but come on the round has been out as 300blkout for some time now and all the stuff he talks about was talked about 4-5 years ago. Basically any rifle you buy now will work without having to "tinker" with it anymore then you would a 5.56 version.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

C'mon, you knew when he started talking about shooting 150gr ammo at 400 yards he didn't know what he was talking about.

Funny that he didn't just grab a box of 120 gr Remington from Walmart
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

A-Game wrote:Funny that he didn't just grab a box of 120 gr Remington from Walmart

thats what i was thinking. damn near said that on his youtube page too. shoot that same video with some UMC 120 grain and get back to us.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.