AAC 300 Blackout Build: All Done!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

KneverKnew
Senior Silent Operator

AAC 300 Blackout Build: All Done!

Post by KneverKnew »

Got a great deal on the barrel,gas block/tube, flash hider set. So I decided to throw together parts I had laying around, and this is what appeared.

AAC 300 Blackout 1:7 twist, 16" Carbine Gas
AAC 51T Blackout flash hider
Aero Precision Upper/Lower
MI SS Gen2 15" free float hand guard
Daniels Defense Butt Stock and Pistol Grip. Comes with forward vertical grip, but not installed, YET.
Flip Up Iron Sights: Samson rear. Troy on front

This rifle weights 6.5 pounds empty.

I'll post better pictures when I get the time to play around with my good camera.

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC 300 Blackout Build: All Done!

Post by smustian »

Looks good. Let us know how it shoots when you get a chance.
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

YUP thats what I'm talking about. Love when a new build comes together. I'd shoot it. Looks good. :P
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Looks like a winner! Lots of new builds goin up lately, im lovin the popularity...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:Looks like a winner! Lots of new builds goin up lately, im lovin the popularity...
you must be confused. didnt you read that thread that was from barf? this caliber is just a flash in the pan. :lol:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

plant.one wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:Looks like a winner! Lots of new builds goin up lately, im lovin the popularity...
you must be confused. didnt you read that thread that was from barf? this caliber is just a flash in the pan. :lol:
Oh crap...well, i better go buy a 6.8 then...lol
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
LiberalGunToater
Silent But Deadly

Post by LiberalGunToater »

Just a heads up. I had that DD buttock too and I had to send it back because every time I shot it I would collapse on me. Just a heads up. I also talked to a few other guys that had the same issue.
KneverKnew
Senior Silent Operator

Post by KneverKnew »

LiberalGunToater wrote:Just a heads up. I had that DD buttock too and I had to send it back because every time I shot it I would collapse on me. Just a heads up. I also talked to a few other guys that had the same issue.
I know this is a bit late in reply, but I appreciate the heads up on the DD buttstock. So far I haven't had any problems with it as of yet. How many firings did you manage to get through before this failure happened, or was it from the get go?

I will watch out for it though. Thanks again.
LiberalGunToater
Silent But Deadly

Post by LiberalGunToater »

KneverKnew wrote:
LiberalGunToater wrote:Just a heads up. I had that DD buttock too and I had to send it back because every time I shot it I would collapse on me. Just a heads up. I also talked to a few other guys that had the same issue.
I know this is a bit late in reply, but I appreciate the heads up on the DD buttstock. So far I haven't had any problems with it as of yet. How many firings did you manage to get through before this failure happened, or was it from the get go?

I actually contacted DD. They had a problem with their first batch that has since been rectified. You should be fine. But to answer your question it was right away.
KneverKnew
Senior Silent Operator

Post by KneverKnew »

LiberalGunToater wrote:
KneverKnew wrote:

I actually contacted DD. They had a problem with their first batch that has since been rectified. You should be fine. But to answer your question it was right away.
I appreciate the information. I've put a number of rounds through my 300 for load development, so I'd think if there was a problem it would have surfaced by now. Once they replaced your stock, did everything work out after that? How have you liked it? I got the complete set for a descent price and just thought it had a cool look too it. My only complaint is I wished the pistol grip had more "grip" up higher. I'd like it to be slightly thicker up directly behind the trigger, with maybe a little more of the rubber grip material. Just my $.02.