Show off your reloads!!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

danner
Silent But Deadly

Re: Show off your reloads!!!

Post by danner »

250 more in the que. I love tumbling w/SS media.

Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

Wow Danner those are some pretty cases. Mind sharing your secret? New to SSM tumbling myself, small batches of 50 in a 3lb Thumler's, Dawn / Lemi / 2hrs. Haven't seen results like that yet though.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i'm using a thumblers. 5 lbs of brass, 5 lbs of pins, 2 lbs of water (1qt), 1.6cc lee powder scooper of lemi shine. i found with the lemi-shine less is more. i was using a teaspoon when i started.

takes about 3 hours to get brass that shiny. i run about 1.5 hours pre-wash after decapping, then run another 1.5 after all the brass prep is done for final cleaning/polishing. by then the primer pockets are clean and i'm happy with them.

quick pat to towel dry then into the dehydrator.

Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
nfafun

Post by nfafun »

Primed some on a Forster Coax press

Rows of different H110 charge ladders for Barnes 110 gr TAC-TX and Hornady 110gr V-Max
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

BoomerVF14 wrote:Wow Danner those are some pretty cases. Mind sharing your secret? New to SSM tumbling myself, small batches of 50 in a 3lb Thumler's, Dawn / Lemi / 2hrs. Haven't seen results like that yet though.
Sure, but it's not much of a secret and pretty much the same recipe that has been posted on the internet for a while now. I use maybe 1/5 teaspoon (possibly less because I just "eye" it in the spoon) of lemishine and a few squirts of dishwasher soap, dawn or whatever you have. I think my Wife buys palmolive but most will work just fine. Adjust quantities for the amount of water you're using. Like plant says, less lemishine is more. I also started out using more lemishine but now I use less.

My rinse bucket is RED so that's why the brass in the water has that shade.

I usually decap with a universal decapper on a separate toolhead. Toss in tumbler for a couple of hours (or less if I need the brass NOW). Anneal the brass, which also dries the brass. Then process the brass for loading.
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

I've been doing 2hours after decapping and another 2 after sizing... so I think too much Lemi might be my issue, or I might just improve my drying technique. Thanks!

My first batch: 125gr Nosler BT
Last edited by BoomerVF14 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucks13
Silent Operator

Post by Bucks13 »

Doing some ladder testing using W296 for the first time. All supers.

150 gr Nosler BTs
110 gr Barnes Tac-TX (Black Tips)
110 gr Barnes Tac-TX (Blue Tips, yeah, made the wrong part # ordering mistake)