Delta 2017

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Delta 2017

Post by Scratch »

A couple weeks ago, a friend and I went to a two day, 3 gun event at Ahlman's guns in southern Minnesota called Delta 2017.Image

I've never been there before, but this place was pretty cool! It had an old west feel with mock buildings set up all over the place. Even the bays of the gun range were setup with mock building fronts, lining what looked like an old west street. Here's some still shots taken from a video I made:Image

The first day was a training day where we got a little training from some instructors they brought in, on shotgun, rifle, and pistol. The second day was all about the 17 different stages set up all over the range.
Here's one of the bays... the marshal's office complete with jail cell!Image

And the state prison overlooking a marshy area filled with like 20 steel targets at different ranges.Image

There were baricades set up at some of the bays to shoot from too.Image

Shot up vehicles were scattered a plenty to shoot in... on... or through like this!Image

This was one of only two timed pistol stages. None of the rest were timed... they were just for fun, and you could shoot as much or as little as you wanted at each stage.Image

This stage you shot from the drivers seat of the bus, at the targets outside on the ground.Image

You could even shoot from a toilet! The campgound was within walking distance and there were plenty of people drinking the night before, so I'll let you use your imagination as to what was under the lid in this picture...Image

Some of the stages were shot on top of cars...Image

They even had two zip lines setup, this one over water, that you used to transition from shotgun to your rifle!Image

And no shooting event would be complete, unless you get to shoot from on top of a tank! Image

Alex Pro Firearms had a booth set up with a bunch of NFA AR15's where you could shoot 3 round burst, supressors, even full auto... for free. You just used your mags and ammo!Image

The guys from the Appleseed Project also had a little booth set up to give a small sample of what it 's like to shoot at an Applessed event.

Somehow I managed to shoot the best target they said they'd seen all weekend! (they probably tell everyone that...)Image

There were cool buildings and props all over the property like the Artillery Supply Depot...Image

The Chemical Weapons Storage facility...Image

Even these empty coffins... this one was just the right size for my buddy.Image

The campground was situated in and around this old colonial style fort that had watchtowers on all four corners, and a central building that was setup as a bar. We pitched our tent right beside the bar... less distance to stumble...Image

The first night, they fed us a huge pulled pork dinner in this big barn. They also had vendors there selling accessories, knives, and steel targets. Both nights included all the free beer you could drink, and lots of door prizes too!Image

Here's a video I made showing more of the weekends festivities... Thanks for watching!
https://youtu.be/jHp0F2KicLs
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Delta 2017

Post by plant.one »

looks like a fun weekend!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

That looked like a crap load of fun...may explain that toilet :lol: :lol: :lol:
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
Curtin

Post by Curtin »

That looks like so much fun. I love the Marshall Office pic. Thanks for sharing this Scratch.