I got a new press!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

I got a new press!!

Post by cwlongshot »

I admit to be a bit of a press whore... I have had many different presses. I still have more than a few under the bench. I have changed away from my RCBS AMMO Master three times, I think only to quickly return to it. Its a great press. My single complaint is the primers drop down inside the ram...and always get jammed up. When they don't drop out, they teeter half in and out and stop the ram cold...

I STILL like single stage loading. I have a couple progressives including the afore mentioned AMMO Master. (Mine is set as a SS currently) I do use them regularly. But not for loading where I want to eek out best most accurate ammo I can load. I use the Dillon 550 for most hand gun ammo like 40, 10MM and 45ACP. I load my 45COLT's single stage. I used to load the LC on the Dillon, when I thought I was a Cowboy. :)

I have looked at this new one for over a year. I really liked everything I saw. BUT, Its over 250$ cost, kept me at bay. Well a buddy called me up earlier in the week telling me he had found one in a GS on the clearance table, 50% off and orig cost was 249$. When he returned to get it. When he got to the register, (Brand new in the box) The girl said that that was the last one and would sell it for 109.99!

Its a RCBS SUMMIT single stage press.

https://youtu.be/CHoDgBdGYd4

(You would think RCBS would show operation on a SOLID bench...) The unit offers incredible leverage for case forming needs. Its zerk will keep things smooth and easy.

Pics on the bench later. Just wanted to share. ;0

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: I got a new press!!

Post by smustian »

Never seen one of those before. Looks good. Nice score.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

pretty neat lil single stage.

did you get the hitch to go with it :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Still up in the air on the Summit, but I did pick up Hornady's new Iron Press today. Cabelas was running a door buster with the auto priming assembly included for 220. It's humongous, I dropped it off the shelf when I found the last one, 26lbs of press alone. Haven't mounted it up, but I like how it and the Summit are wide open in the front.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

DoubleJ wrote:Still up in the air on the Summit, but I did pick up Hornady's new Iron Press today. Cabelas was running a door buster with the auto priming assembly included for 220. It's humongous, I dropped it off the shelf when I found the last one, 26lbs of press alone. Haven't mounted it up, but I like how it and the Summit are wide open in the front.
I looked at those too, couple nice features. Looks solid!

Yes this one checks in big too... break your foot EASY should you drop it on it!

Here is mine al mounted up!

I just re sized 100 300BLK Brass. VERY solid feeling. The AM was also solid as it too has a solid feel. Just not quite as "solid" or "positive" feeling as this one.

CW

DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

How bout those bleacher style loading blocks? How did nobody think of those before, love em.

Poorboy1015
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Poorboy1015 »

I like the completely open front and would love to see one in person and use it some.
How do you keep all the play out of the part that moves up and down? Seems to me, a little looseness there might be bad.
Do I see a grease fitting on the side?
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

Its a solid as a rock! Yes grease fitting on the side too!

CW

DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

You have bags of zombie greens there on the left, not to hijack, but how are those working for you? I'm getting some muzzle leading with them, but mine are O-blah-blah panic era, so maybe the QC wasn't up to par. I had to alox them.

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

DoubleJ wrote:You have bags of zombie greens there on the left, not to hijack, but how are those working for you? I'm getting some muzzle leading with them, but mine are O-blah-blah panic era, so maybe the QC wasn't up to par. I had to alox them.
I like them, they are good cheap plinkers. I haven't gotten accuracy anywhere near my jacketed loads. But minute of beer can or soft ball at 100y. I also bought one bag of .309 and one .310's...

I have shot over 500 thru my G23 40 as well.

CW