Berry's 220gr Spire Point For Subsonic Plinking

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

divedog

Re: Berry's 220gr Spire Point For Subsonic Plinking

Post by divedog »

hardcase wrote:
TMD wrote:I'm having awesome results with Leatherheads 220gn Hi-Tek coated lead for .13 cents a pop. Can't see paying more than 2 or 3 cents more for plated.
Same here.
I have been looking at those. With them being .310 instead of .308 is that causing any issues?
Roverhound
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Roverhound »

divedog wrote:
hardcase wrote:
TMD wrote:I'm having awesome results with Leatherheads 220gn Hi-Tek coated lead for .13 cents a pop. Can't see paying more than 2 or 3 cents more for plated.
Same here.
I have been looking at those. With them being .310 instead of .308 is that causing any issues?
I have found that out of my 16" and 9" ar's that what is an accurate load for the Berry's bullet is also accurate for the Leatherhead.
The main difference for the Leatherhead is you have to make sure that your case has a decent chamfer so you don't shave the bullet.
Some people bell their cases but I've found that a using a Wilson 45 degree deburring tool will allow me to seat bullets without shaving.
mr.revolverguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mr.revolverguy »

Just posted the first video in what will be a mini series.

Start of with introduction of what I will be reloading.
https://youtu.be/unHRftObOCM
Self Proclaimed -- The largest independent 300 Blackout reloading database.
http://www.dayattherange.com
FenixMike

Post by FenixMike »

So has anyone tried them yet ? They are $128 per 500 locally, which is quite a bit cheaper than any other bullet since the Amax is gone and its just the ELD now (Roughly $260 per 1000 vs about $360 per 1000 for the ELD 208, making them $100 cheaper per 1K).

I have 1000 Amax coming I found for a decent price, but once that dries up, id rather spend the least amount possible since I just shoot paper and steel with subs.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

divedog wrote:
hardcase wrote:
Same here.
Nope. Most .308 bullets are .309 to .312. I am not comfortable even at .309 but have had to size some that small.
heytat

Post by heytat »

New guy here. Can someone tell me where I can get Hornady .30 cal 220 grain bullets for less or the same as $109 per 500 rounds?

Id love to find it.

Thanks
mr.revolverguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mr.revolverguy »

Guys I eventually did test this product and to keep it short I will not be buying anymore. Accuracy was awful no matter what powder primer combo I utilized. I did make a video for it just did not post it here did not want to waste everyone's time.
sharpshooter33

Post by sharpshooter33 »

mr.revolverguy wrote:Guys I eventually did test this product and to keep it short I will not be buying anymore. Accuracy was awful no matter what powder primer combo I utilized. I did make a video for it just did not post it here did not want to waste everyone's time.
would they not hit 6" plates at 50,25 and 10 yards?
I was under the understanding these would be for practice rounds?
Stronger Longer - It's not what shape you were in or will be in, but what ability level you can maintain thru life.
mr.revolverguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mr.revolverguy »

Embarrassed to post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gLLbubt_lk

skip to the end
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

hardcase wrote:
Same here.
And here.